What to do?

I have been on my diet for approximately three weeks now and i have started things up pretty quickly. I have been losing weight, I have been losing inches so far, and have been keeping up with my exercises and eating habits--the only thing is that I have a problem with not wanting to go over 1000 calories. I've spent the last couple of hours researching and getting people's opinions and trust me when I say I totally understand that eating what I'm eating now, especially when it comes to net calories, is not healthy and is something honestly unrealistic for doing for the rest of my life.

So, I think I have a new plan that I wanted to share, and am hopeful I can get some feedback from you guys.

Basically what I plan on trying to do now, is to get at least 1100-1200 calories in, even after I have done my workouts for the day. Would that be an okay thing to do? That way, instead of my net calories being -100 or 150 (give or take) for the day, I would have eaten enough calories to be considered healthy and to build muscle and tone. (Sorry, I'm trying to make sure I do this right.)

I also have an issue with wanting to lose the weight fast, fast, fast! So I can get discouraged easily if I only lose 1-2 pounds for a week. I have been taking my measurements, too.

I really want to do this right, and BE HEALTHY most of all. I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri when I was only 17 years old, managed to knock off about 100 pounds and now here I am, 21 years old and have gained quite a bit of it back. I lost my peripheral vision due to being very overweight and due to the pseudotumor. So naturally, losing weight right now if one of my top priorities. I don't want the pseudotumor to come back (talk about a miserable time.)

Anyone who has any helpful tips, please let me know! I would appreciate it greatly!

Replies

• Hi there, remember, you CANNOT control how much weight you will lose in what time frame. You can only control what you DO to lose the weight.
    Don't stress yourself, it does take time.

Most important is, eating clean!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Check out the thread In Place of a Road Map

This will help you greatly. You're still likely eating too little at 1200 calories (not eating back your exercise cals)