New here and Saying Hello

Options
I have been wasting the last year trying to get gastric bypass, well yesterday doctor number 2 has decided he doesn't think it's a safe procedure so I guess someone must be trying to tell me something. I do everything, all the way to scheduling then they change their mind. I have struggled all my life with wight problems and now because of the weight I need a knee replacement.Ortho Dr says no till I lose at least 100 pounds, so weight loss surgery was his idea as he will not do the knee till I lose the weight. So here I am, decided I have to be responsible to do something even though exercise is no option. I like this food diary on here and it told me how much to eat to lose. I am going to use frozen dinners and track everything. I am reasonably healthy, no diabetes or anything and 60 years old so I have been very lucky. And I intend to change this. I am going to be using Smart ones tv dinners and there is alot of variety. So today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Replies

• helena1210
    Options
    You can do this! MFP is a great tool. Congrats on making the start!
  • B12452S
    Options
    Just going through all the stuff on here is giving me a new hope. It is so easy to add everything up and know where you are at with counts. And even though I can't exercise I can still lose weight. I am hoping as I go down my knee will do batter in pain and I will at least be able to walk some with my walker. I feel so motivated already.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bdf27416.gif
    You have made the right step in joining MFP. It's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated!
    Remember to take baby steps even if it means taking it day by day or meal by meal - you can do this!
    We all need support and encouragment on this journey - please feel free to add me if you like.
    Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!