Thoughts on calories burned

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
I went to a strength class today. It's a really hard class, so I wore my heart rate monitor. Most of the time I was between 60-75% of MHR (Karvonen Formula). It's an hour long class. I know I burned more than regular weight training - what do you think? I guessed it would be the same as when I walk uphill and sit around 60% MHR.

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    I went to a strength class today. It's a really hard class, so I wore my heart rate monitor. Most of the time I was between 60-75% of MHR (Karvonen Formula). It's an hour long class. I know I burned more than regular weight training - what do you think? I guessed it would be the same as when I walk uphill and sit around 60% MHR.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    Idk how muc you burned but you can go to this web page and it will tell you how many you burned plus how much you burned with all your other daily activities!

http://www.healthstatus.com/cbc.html
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Maybe count it more as "calisthenics" instead of "weight training"? I go to two weight classes a week, one of which is sweatier and more perceived exertion than the other. I've taken to counting one as "weight training" and one as "calisthenics".

I'm not sure that's completely scientific, though.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Maybe count it more as "calisthenics" instead of "weight training"? I go to two weight classes a week, one of which is sweatier and more perceived exertion than the other. I've taken to counting one as "weight training" and one as "calisthenics".

I'm not sure that's completely scientific, though.:flowerforyou:

moderate or vigorous? Moderate is very close to the same as regular weights. I counted 1/2 of each, for a little over 400 calories.