Correlation between sleep and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I get anywhere from 4 to 10 hours a sleep a night. It hasn't affected my weight loss...

Are you eating the right amount of calories? Sleep has a lot to do with hormone balance, but the weight loss aspect of things is more about eating the right amount of calories (or rather eating UNDER the right amount of calories). Also, if you are yo-yo'ing, then you are likely over-eating carbs each meal. Carbs aren't evil, but if you have too much in a sitting, it will result in fat storage when all your muscle/organ storage reservoirs are full. That's why it's VERY important to exercise if you are going to be on the standard american diet (55% carb, 15% protein, 30% fat). Something to think about....

But first you need to know how much you should be eating:
    http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    I don't get nearly as much sleep as I would like to. I have worked a lot of night shifts this year, and I actually got to where I was sleeping really good during the day. Now I'm on days again, and I have to force myself to go to bed... to SLEEP! Although I have been seeing good gains at the gym, I am not losing the belly fat like I would like. Now those of you who know me may disagree, I still eat out, sensibly if I can, and I have lost some weight recently, but I am not satisfied with the rate of loss. I firmly believe that sleep has much to do with overall fitness.

I am currently getting 4 - 5 hours a night, but I want to get back to 7 - 8. I know this will make the difference, at least for me, in my body. Best of luck to you all getting the sleep you need, and finding the right routine for YOU! Much love. . . .