Exercises....

2»

Replies

• ConstanceMarieRuff
    ConstanceMarieRuff Posts: 82 Member
    I enjoy doing 30 day type programs and tracking my progress. It makes it more interesting for me. I am currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and the couch to 5K running program. I plan on continuing running 3x/week once I am finished and switching to a new tape every month or so. It keeps me motivated when I have a calander that I can cross of completed exercises

Is the 30 Day Shred one beginner, intermediate, or advanced that you know of? I have heard some good things about it. I might need to give that a shot. I will have to invest in a sports bra and give running a shot. (: Stay motivated. It sounds liek you are doing great. (:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I would love to hike but I would have to do some research and find a place around hre to hike. I have never done it before but it seems like it would be peaceful, challenging, ad fun. (: What is you opinion on hiking?

If you like the outdoors it's definitely fun. As for it being a workout... it depends on the intensity of the hike - hills? carrying a pack? etc.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    I work out at least three times a week at Curves for Women. I take a spin class once a week and I do alot of walking usually at a brisk pace. Most of those walking miles are with my 2 year old in the stroller. I have recently started the C25K program on days I don't have my daughter with me. I am not much of a runner, but wanted the variety in my walking.

I don't like working out in front of people. I like doing it in my own home. (: I like to walk though. You get a bonus when pushing a stroller, you work your upper body along with your lower body. (: I'm not a runner either. Thanks for replying. (:
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    I would love to hike but I would have to do some research and find a place around hre to hike. I have never done it before but it seems like it would be peaceful, challenging, ad fun. (: What is you opinion on hiking?

If you like the outdoors it's definitely fun. As for it being a workout... it depends on the intensity of the hike - hills? carrying a pack? etc.

I like the outdoors. (: I want to hikeup some hills. Thanks for your input. (:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bodyrock.tv
    Running
    Boot Camp (Circuit Training)
    Walking (stair climbing)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    I used to belong to a gym but then I moved and the closest one is 60 miles away. So, I started running because I do have a treadmill. However, the treadmill gets borning really quick. Outside it is too hot to run in the summer and to cold to run in the winter (it snowed yesterday). There are no sidewalks either.

Last June, I bought exercise DVD's (which I normally hate) but these are actually okay. It was $25 for a 4 pack set plus 2 weights. It came with a 30 day schedule so if you follow the schedule, it provides rest days and alternates the workouts. If you don't want to do the schedule, you can alternate as you see fit. Actually kind fun..Latin Party Pack so everything is based on Latin Dance Moves...pretty fun actually.

Send me a message if you have any questions or more details
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Bodyrock.tv
    Running
    Boot Camp (Circuit Training)
    Walking (stair climbing)

What is Bodyrock.tv exactly? Boot Camp sound like a lot of hard work. Where can I do Boot Camp at? That sounds like a dumb question. Is that a dumb question?
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    I used to belong to a gym but then I moved and the closest one is 60 miles away. So, I started running because I do have a treadmill. However, the treadmill gets borning really quick. Outside it is too hot to run in the summer and to cold to run in the winter (it snowed yesterday). There are no sidewalks either.

Last June, I bought exercise DVD's (which I normally hate) but these are actually okay. It was $25 for a 4 pack set plus 2 weights. It came with a 30 day schedule so if you follow the schedule, it provides rest days and alternates the workouts. If you don't want to do the schedule, you can alternate as you see fit. Actually kind fun..Latin Party Pack so everything is based on Latin Dance Moves...pretty fun actually.

Send me a message if you have any questions or more details

I want to get a treadmill but they are a little expensive. ): Hmmm, Lating Party Pack sounds fun. (:
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    After trying to motivate myself over the years to get off my *kitten* and do something, I finally found a DVD that I really like, It's a kettlebell workout, I LOVE that it allowed me to use it in the beginning and barely get through (or not get through) the 12 minuite work out, then progress on to the 40 min work out. I have ordered the 2nd DVD of hers now--Lauren Brookes. Incredible workout that gives weight training and cardio combined. You will see results.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    After trying to motivate myself over the years to get off my *kitten* and do something, I finally found a DVD that I really like, It's a kettlebell workout, I LOVE that it allowed me to use it in the beginning and barely get through (or not get through) the 12 minuite work out, then progress on to the 40 min work out. I have ordered the 2nd DVD of hers now--Lauren Brookes. Incredible workout that gives weight training and cardio combined. You will see results.

I will make note of it and give it a look. If I like what I see, I think I might get it. It always helps t have a good review from soomeone. Thank you. (: