Feeling faint after exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I just started eating more. I realized I wasn't eating enough. my workouts rock now. I have way more energy and feel great. Too little calories can easily cause this.

This used to happen to me and I fixed it by doing ^^^^^^ this.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Try just eating or drinking some salt - I thought I had low blood sugar from exercising, but then I looked at all the salt caked onto my sweatband after it dried and started taking salt tablets before workouts. I felt much better.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It used to happen to me and sometimes I still get dizzy and a little shaky when I'm working out really hard. For me it was low blood sugar. As soon as I got dizzy or light headed I'd sit down, have a juice and I felt better after. It was mainly because I wasn't fueling my body properly for my workouts.

I would still recommend going to a doctor though to see what it really is.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have had similar experiences for different reasons.

-I'm anemic, working-out can make you feel light headed if the iron levels are very low, had this experience once where for 2 months I worked-out everyday and everyday I almost passed out, until I got my iron levels high enough where it just stopped.

-dehydration, that coupled with anemia was very bad for me, I get dehydrated very quickly, if I don't drink anything for a 6-8 hrs I can feel light headed.

-Low blood sugar levels- Not eating enough overall through out the day then working-out, my job gets very hectic a lot and if I don't take food with me to work most of the times I don't eat at all. This happened to me yesterday, I ate when I got home but this morning after working out I was extremely light headed and almost passed out.

There can be many different reasons get some tests done and you'll be able to figure it out soon enough.
  • maytes4u
    maytes4u Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My trainer (years ago) said you have to eat something 20 minutes before workouts so your body can have something to start burning. Made sense. He said this after my brother and he fainted