Stevia

Options
What's the pro's and cons to using this?

Thanks

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    pros: natural.

Cons: I don't like the taste and it's poorly soluble
  • gruvkitty
    gruvkitty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The taste really varies from brand to brand. I've gotten accustomed to the Trader Joe's powdered one, but I find some are too sweet, and some too bitter. The pros are that it is natural and doesn't have the chemicals of other sugar replacements. Also, sometimes it's high in fiber, depending on the brand and the version.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Pros: It tastes freaking AMAZING!!!... At least the Truvia brand does... I like it a lot more than sugar actually... which NEVER happens with artificial sweeteners for me. And there are no calories!

Con: It is really expensive!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Pros: It's a no calorie sweetener.

Cons: Depending on the brand the taste is different. I don't really like it.
    If you get the white powder form, it's processed and there are no controls/oversight on the processing.
    It's expensive.
    It doesn't dissolve well.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was worried it was going to have the diet coke effect where there might be no sugar etc but it is filled with other ingredients which will still have a negative effect on the calorie counting.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Pros: It's a no calorie sweetener.

Cons: Depending on the brand the taste is different. I don't really like it.
    If you get the white powder form, it's processed and there are no controls/oversight on the processing.
    It's expensive.
    It doesn't dissolve well.

Pro: Its cheap because i can grow my own plant and use the crushed leaves from that.
    it tastes good
    truvia brand is super cheap with coupons that are out all the time

cons: tastes different in different brands