Over 60

Hello, I am an over weight ( no small exaggeration) grandma, in my late 60's. Any others out there with whom I can commiserate? :happy:

Replies

• survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Feel free to friend me. I am going to be 60 in a few weeks. I lost 16 lb. since April (12 of them while on MFP) and I would like to get rid of another 20 or so. Short term goal 20, long term goal 30...one day at a time.
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    4857efcd.gif

I'm 61 - will be 62 next month and want to be a sexy sixty-something!!
    You have made the right step in joining MFP. It's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated!
    Remember to take baby steps even if it means taking it day by day or meal by meal - you can do this!
    We all need support and encouragment on this journey - please feel free to add me if you like.
    Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!
  • topsiturbi
    topsiturbi Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 51... I'm a grand ma ma... feel free to add me : ))
  • 1GailC
    1GailC Posts: 1 Member
    I am 66 !! Haven't lost weight in a long time. Now we go to the gym 4 times a week and I've lost 4 pounds....WOW.. I really didn't think anything would work. Guess I have to keep it up.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    58 and I've been on MFP for just over 10 weeks. I've lost 44 lb. with a short-term goal of 60 and a long term goal of 40 more. Feel free to friend me.
  • I'm 65, and I have been away from MFP for a while. I have gained weight, and I am frustrated and angry at myself. But, I can't seem to control my eating habits. I know I need to have self-control, but I tend to blame my weight gain on my thyroid rather than facing the truth that I am overeating. Also, I have stopped exercising. I have returned to work, and use that as an excuse for not having the time to exercise. Posting this is my first baby step towards the truth. I need support to get myself back on track!
  • HMM163
    HMM163 Posts: 24
    I am 63 and a grandma. I have lost 66 lbs in the last year. You can add me.
  • rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm 62 and have been on MFP since late June and have lost 30lbs. It really hasn't been a struggle, and I still eat MOST of what I want only now I check my calories to make sure I stay within my daily limit. You'll find a lot of usful info here so make sure you check it out. Good luck and you can friend me if you would like.:bigsmile:
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    On MFP for one year and I have lost 47 lbs. Friend me if you want!
  • SanDiegoPam
    SanDiegoPam Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 61 and seem to spend most of my life trying to lose weight. Downloaded MFP onto my Droid in April of last year, but never used it after my initial weigh in. I started using it the last few days of September when someone showed me how easy it was to log your meals. That scanner is terrific! And the data base is better than any I've seen. Just signed on for the lose 20 by New Year's Eve Challenge. :love: