Coach to 5K

Options
I hear a lot of people talking about the couch to 5K on the boards, so I decided to start last week. I was just wondering if anyone in here has actually completed the 9 week program and find out what they got out of it.

Thanks

Replies

• Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a runner and I am on the last day of week 4. I have seen progress since I started but I will say that it is always a challenge for me. I like it so far. It is really easy to use and doesn't seem to progress too quickly. I feel itis definitely worth the minimal cost.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I used to run (2o years ago) does that even count. I started the C25K program last fall and got to about week 6 - I was seeing a great improvement in my ability, however, it was always a challenge to me - I just find that I dont like to run -- so I gave up. My friend that was doing it with me kept with it and has run 2 5 K's since. Her time is about 43 minutes so she isnt going fast - but considering last September she was doing nothing - it is great!
    I have started to do the program again (I restarted at week 1) and found that week 1 and 2 are very easy now...although I still dont love doing it.
    But for me the "results" of muscle tone and fat loss is what is going to keep me with it for the long haul. I DEF noticed a change in all of that when I was doing the program.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I finished the program just before Thanksgiving. I was definatly not a runner before. If you want to start running it's definatly the program to go with. Don't think about it, just do what the program says and you'll be amazed at what you can do while at the same time not injuring yourself.

I ran a 2 Mile Race, and a 5K between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. I'm running in another 5K in just under two weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to run a 4 Mile Super Bowl Run.

Right now I'm on Week 3 of Gateway to 8K.
  • mkwade7380
    Options
    What is the couch to 5K program? This is the first I have heard of it and would like to find out some more details about it. I got out of the Marine Corps 11 yrs ago, and have not ran since, and I am looking to get into it again along with dropping the weight I have put on.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the program I used:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    There's actually a whole thread dedicated to people who have graduated from C25K. Search for it. It's pretty inspiring! Makes me feel like I can do this! I start week 3 tomorrow!:love: