6 1/2 Months - Goal FTW

Options
Back on March 15th of this year, my Doctor told me I was Type 2 diabetic. This did not sit well with me. I don’t get scared by much, but this was bad. I don’t like Doctors, pills, shots, hospitals, etc. My Doctor told me, “If you lose 50 pounds, you could get this under control”. I started on a diet that day. Joined a website called myfitnesspal.com and started walking 5 miles a day, minimum. At my 3 month checkup, I had my diabetes so under control that it pretty much didn’t exist. My 6 month check confirmed that as well. But the best thing happened today. I made my goal of 50 pounds. I weighed in at 194.6. I am now a lean, mean , machine.

Replies

• autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    GREAT job !!!!.....Way to take control of your health !!!!!!!!!!

Jen
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You just did yourself a huge service!! Congrats!!
  • Endriena
    Options
    Congrats!! That is awesome! Here is to your health and your determination!!! Proud of you and inspired!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yay! It is much better to change your diet then to take increasing amounts of meds to deal with medical problems that are food induced!!!
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So happy for you. I know that you are grateful for the doctor's advice and even more grateful that you started geting your health in order right away. Congratulations to the smaller, healthier you! Great job!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!