Spaghetti and spaghetti squash :)

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
2 ground chicken patties (320 calories)
1/2 can hunt's spaghetti sauce (135 calories)
1 spaghetti squash (aprox 146 calories)
6 ounces dry spaghetti (630 calories)

(Makes 4 good size servings 307 calories a piece)
This is obviously self explanatory by the ingredients. Boil spaghetti, bake squash at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, scrape out squash, cook ground chicken and mix with sauce. Voila! By mixing the spaghetti squash in with regular spaghetti you can't even taste it at all and it beefs up a pasta portion without the added calories :) This would be awesome with a lot of mushrooms and green peppers, but I need to go grocery shopping and am out of those things at the moment. :)

Now, the ground chicken patties come in packages of four, so I actually cooked the whole package and mixed it with the whole can of sauce and the next day used the leftover sauce to make ground chicken tortilla pizzas with fat free cheese, green pepper and onion. I use the la tortilla factory whole wheat tortillas and they're only 50 calories a piece, so I had two small pizzas for very few calories :)

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    2 ground chicken patties (320 calories)
    1/2 can hunt's spaghetti sauce (135 calories)
    1 spaghetti squash (aprox 146 calories)
    6 ounces dry spaghetti (630 calories)

(Makes 4 good size servings 307 calories a piece)
    This is obviously self explanatory by the ingredients. Boil spaghetti, bake squash at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, scrape out squash, cook ground chicken and mix with sauce. Voila! By mixing the spaghetti squash in with regular spaghetti you can't even taste it at all and it beefs up a pasta portion without the added calories :) This would be awesome with a lot of mushrooms and green peppers, but I need to go grocery shopping and am out of those things at the moment. :)

Now, the ground chicken patties come in packages of four, so I actually cooked the whole package and mixed it with the whole can of sauce and the next day used the leftover sauce to make ground chicken tortilla pizzas with fat free cheese, green pepper and onion. I use the la tortilla factory whole wheat tortillas and they're only 50 calories a piece, so I had two small pizzas for very few calories :)
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yummy, gonna try it!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: