Watching my food intake for the 1st time in my life...

Hello, everyone. I've been using this site for about a week now to track what I'm eating and how much. It's not something I ever worried about before. Sure I tried to cut down on sugary, fatty snack food and increase my veggie intake. That's what you're supposed to do when you're an adult, right?

About 6 months ago I finished grad school (YAY!) and started a new job. I was eating like crap during the last stages of dissertation writing, but that was to be expected. Sometimes I would forget to eat at all. I had been dancing for 5 years but that had to get shelved as well. I did my last major dance workshop in April and haven't really been back since.

Now that I'm finally settled in my new town and actually not travelling for work for a whole 6 weeks (this is major!) I've realized that I have to get my life organized and back together in so many ways. One way is fitness. I haven't danced, and I miss it terribly. My pants don't fit anymore and I really can't justify going out and getting yet bigger pants. I stepped on a scale and, holy crap, I'd gained 10 pounds since I moved. And not a good, muscular 10 pounds this time. All of my work is done sitting at a computer. I'm only 28 so I know I can turn things around with enough motivation.

I haven't found a dance studio locally to replace the amazing one I trained with in my old home. However, I have signed up for a year of online classes with the format. It's a pretty penny, so that itself is motivation to USE them, but I'm all alone without my troupies so its not the same. I'm also watching what I eat thanks to the tools on this site. It's a bit time consuming, but I'm a HUGE nerd for data so it is interesting as well as useful.

I have 6 weeks before I go back on the road (air, technically) to get myself straightened out. In that time, I want to

a) Be at or under my calorie goal at least 85% of the time. Prefer 100%, but I'll be realistic.
b) Get at or close to the recommended nutritional intake for vitamins, protein, etc as many days as possible.
c) Get into a regular dance workout routine. 2-3 90 minute classes per week. I'll even start at Level 1 and work my way up.
d) Get back on my bike and take that to work rather than car as weather and time and my nerve allow, at least once per week.

I'm here under the same name that I use everywhere else on the internet, so it's no secret what I'm doing. Looking for some motivation and inspiration along the way. Thanks!

29975927.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools