How to Wake up early and Workout

Options

Replies

• mylove0mylife
    Options
    I had an alarm on my phone that you can actually have it make you answer a math equation before it'll turn off, so you couldn't just hit snooze and go back to sleep you actually had to think a little bit.
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do what pgp90xer does, put that darn alarm clock where I gotta get up to turn it off. once I get up, I go to the bathroom anyway, so there is no need to get back in the bed. I did it that way so I could go to work, and now that I'm retired I do that when I want to work out in the morning.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    it's easy for me. Alarm clock.. bam. Then again, I work out at home. :)
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Am I the only one where the alarm across the room doesn't work for me? lol. I would crawl out of bed, go across the room, turn the alarm off, and climb back into bed.

I make more of an effort now though lol. After I turn the alarm off, I now go into the living room and stare into space from the couch for 20 minutes before I gather up enough energy to put my workout clothes on.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:30 on days I do not fo a afternoon class to work out.. You just get up... Yu just make that decision to get up and do it.. Thats it.. Done.. Now go set your alarm and get up when it goes off.. Commit and succeed.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Like another poster her I am a mom of 3 and get up at 4:45 to get my workout in before going to my out-of-the-house-full-time-job.

But, the reality is, exercise needs to be a priority. If it isn't, you won't do it no matter what time of day.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I set my coffee to finish brewing just before my alarm goes off. I can hear it click on - from rooms away - and the smell wakes me 2 mins before my alarm most mornings.
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had an alarm on my phone that you can actually have it make you answer a math equation before it'll turn off, so you couldn't just hit snooze and go back to sleep you actually had to think a little bit.

Well that's just genius.

I have this problem too, OP. I've fallen asleep on the floor putting my shoes on before (thinking, if I put my skeakers on I'll be good!). It takes talent, but I'm nothing if I'm not talented at sleeping. I actually GROWLED at my husband this morning when he smacked me because my alarm was going off to go to the gym.

I slept in. I'm terrible.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    They say 21 days makes a habit. ???

This was the case for me. I go to bed a little earlier and I'm finding that I'm sleeping better. I have a lot more energy throughout the day too after having worked out in the morning. :wink:
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If it has more than one sentence its too long. "Make a decision to change your life; set your alarm clock, wake up and hit the door". I'm sorry but there really isn't more too it than that.

There it is!
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If it has more than one sentence its too long. "Make a decision to change your life; set your alarm clock, wake up and hit the door". I'm sorry but there really isn't more too it than that.
    I couldn't agree more.
    If you are serious about doing it, it really shouldn't be a problem.
  • rolandgaspar
    Options

This.
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    I set my coffee to finish brewing just before my alarm goes off. I can hear it click on - from rooms away - and the smell wakes me 2 mins before my alarm most mornings.

much better way to wake up, than an alarm..love the smell of coffee..thanks for the tip!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I had this for a brief period of time :grumble: lol i got one I couldnt get and the stupid thing wouldnt stop...I'm terrible at math so maybe I had the settings to high. lol

theres also an app you have to shake to turn off
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wow GREAT article! Thanks for sharing! I am so not a morning person and now that it is Fall and dark in the mornings I turn over cuddle next to warm hubby and start snoring! LOL!
  • olerolls
    olerolls Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Agreed!

I'm only two weeks into making that change, but I have exercised every day and am doing a really challenging boot camp at 5:30 AM three days a week. You know what? Though I've set my alarm for 5:00 AM every day of class, I only needed it that first day. Every other day, I have woken up naturally just before 5 eager to GET IT DONE. Seriously, it's like my body now craves getting up and getting that workout in. Since my boot camp is only three days a week, I've added other workouts in the early morning on the off days because I'm up and my body wants to MOVE.

All that is to say that once you decide you're committed to making a change and you actually start, you might not find it so difficult to keep doing it.

Also, despite now getting up at 5 instead of 6:30, my energy has skyrocketed.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

No tricks.
    Just making the decision and sticking to it.

I started doing this over a year ago and a friend told me not to worry too much about what the workout was the first day, just putting those feet on the floor and getting that *kitten* out of bed and moving was the key. I did a short exercise video that first morning and kept doing it after that. My schedule has changed several times since then and I don't work out in the mornings every day any more but when I need to run before work my alarm goes off at 4:00 and I get up and get moving. I don't hit snooze or fiddlefck around because the rest of my family doesn't have to wake up until 5:30 and I don't want to wake them up.

There are mornings where there is a little argument between the lads (that's what I call the voices in my head) about whether we should work out or go back to sleep but I have gotten to the point where if I've decided I'm going to work out the lads who want to work out always win. Plus, they're in better shape and can whoop the sh1t out of the lazy lads.
  • prn63
    prn63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym in the morning.So, I pack my gym back the night before and i have all of my clothes for work. and i set my alarm for 4:30. The alarm goes off and i get up and force myself to grab my bag and head out the door, but the time i am fully awake, I am getting into the car :) By the time 7 am rolls around, I have already run 3 miles and did free weights training and showered and arrived at work :)
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I purposely set my alarm about 20-30 mins earliar than I plan on getting up so I still have the option to hit snooze a few times. I set my workout clothes out the night before. If its still dark outside I turn on as many lights in the house as I can cause that helps me snap out of sleep mode. I also try to have my breakfast, lunch, work clothes (since i workout at the gym at my work) all planned out and/or packed up and ready to go so there are no excuses. But most importantly, as others have said...just do it. It will become habit after awhile.
  • healthyversionofme
    healthyversionofme Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    omg i love this...that is hilarious!