im new x

Options
hi i am new to this site but it really looks like this could help im a mum to a 9 and 7 year old and now it is time to get the old me back lol i also have a holiday book for motivation any tips would be appriciated xx

Replies

• schroeder1996
    Options
    HI...I've only been on this site for about a week but I do love it... My advice would be to log everything you eat even if you go over your calories that way if you have a bad week you can go back and look to see where things might have went wrong! Good luck.
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    I agree, good advice. You have to stay truthful and accountable for this to work. You can get the old you back, just stick with the plan. Good luck!
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Be sure to calculate your actual caloric needs after you factor in exercise (if you are doing a regular routine?). If you find your daily calorie burn then reduce that by 300 cals per day to lose slow and steady. Journaling everything and I mean everything you eat is very important too. I find that if I know I have to write it in my journal I will think twice about eating it. :)
    Something else that I highly recommend is setting your goals...small goals....base each one on a month....maybe one goal for the month would be to lose 5-10 lbs and another would be to add another veggie into your nutrition plan or drink 1 more glass of water each day. Write these down...big deal here...you must write them down and place them in eyesight....maybe your fridge or if you work in an office then place them at your desk somewhere....but you MUST write them down and post them. :) Believe me...it works! :)
    Good luck with your journey and if you want to chat let me know!
  • katyblueeyes
    Options
    :blushing: hello i am new on here
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi I am new. I find it very motivational to see more people who are on the same page as me. I am not following a specific diet. I am putting my own twist to the Special K diet. I lost about 6 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. However, I went to a Dallas Cowboys game on Saturday and had a few drinks and paid for it the next day. So after I felt better, I didn't eat so healthy. :( I gained a pound. :(:(
  • clairelyndsey
    Options
    thanks guys xx
  • jasonschade
    Options
    @beebabe, my suggestion would be to not go to any more cowgirl games....that would get me down too....

hehehehehehe....i'm a diehard eagles fan :(:( man you guys handed it to us the last two weeks!

good luck on the weight loss. for a while anytime i'd slip up or eat too much i'd get really down on myself. key is to just pick up the next day and keep going. now that i've been eating healthy and exercising almost every day for the last 3.5 months, i have found that even if i have a bad day, my metabolism is so much better that i do not really see the bad effects that i used to see with having a bad day eating wise.