Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

BMR and calories - help!!!

So, I've sort of come to a bit of a stand still on the weight loss and I think it may be because I'm eating too little.
I've worked out my BMR would be around 1,450 calories - 250 more then I'm consuming at the moment. If I upped my calories to the BMR number- surely anything else I exercised (usually exercise off around 230-500 cals, three-four times a week) would just burn the extra (ie; fat) I assume maybe my body's gone into a bit of a starvation mode on what I'm eating at the moment ???

I feel like I'm getting myself in a twist here. I'm assuming I need to up my calories. I have been eating as healthy as I can and I'm weaning myself off slimfast but felt i should do this bit at a time rather then go cold turkey. I didn't want all the weight to go back on - I know that's a risk with those types of diets, so heard weaning off bit at a time was the best thing to do. I have a 'naughty' treat every other day to keep myself on track, a scoop of ice cream, a full fat latte or a slice of pizza - something like that - but it usually sticks within my calories and I've read much proof that this can help with weight loss.

I'm close to my target goal - another half a stone and working as hard as I can but somewhere I seem to have got lost and confused!! Any help and idea's would be much appreciated!!!!!!!