Rant

Options
People love to talk about how fat you are. They all have a theory as to why you're fat. They'll use any excuse to discuss your eating habits. But God forbid you try to do something about it. God forbid you try to *gasp* eat less and exercise! No, don't do that. If you do people will just talk about how you're obsessed. You exercise too much, you eat too little. They'll say you aren't doing it the healthy way as if they know what they’re talking about. If eating less and exercising more isn't the healthy way, then what pray tell is? The same people who said they were worried about how fat you are will now say they are worried about how little you're eating. Any excuse to continue discussing your eating habits. What the %^&*! do you want from me? Why don't you all just mind your own freakin business? It's my body and my life. How much I eat is not your concern. Stop being the food police. Why don't you watch what you put in your own mouth and stop commenting about what I put in mine?!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the accusation of being obsessed. I've been told that I'm obsessed, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I've just decided to become more healthy and if that means I need to log everything I eat then so be it.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I don't get this either. I clearly need to lose weight, yet when I say no to dessert at a family gathering all hell breaks loose. Certain family members start complaining that I'm "no fun anymore" just because I pass on a cupcake or whatnot. It makes no sense. I'm fun with or without that dessert. :wink:
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I don't get this either. I clearly need to lose weight, yet when I say no to dessert at a family gathering all hell breaks loose. Certain family members start complaining that I'm "no fun anymore" just because I pass on a cupcake or whatnot. It makes no sense. I'm fun with or without that dessert. :wink:

Exactly! I'm still obese and yet when I pass on a second plate of food or don't have dessert people act like I'm starving myself. I'm not starving myself!! I'm eating the proper amount of healthy food. I just don't understand why everyone has to comment on it. I'm trying to do something good for myself. Something they all said they wanted me to do. Now that I'm actually doing it, it has become a problem.
  • Evey_bee
    Evey_bee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get this! It's always "You should eat better" "you should try exercising"....then suddenly when you are dieting and exercising regularly it's...."are you eating enough?", "Aren't you taking this a bit too seriously?"...what do you people want!?
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I used to get this from everyone! I just didn't listen, didn't let it get to me (well, not true exactly...), and kept on keeping on! I knew what I needed to do for myself, regardless of the commentaries I was getting! Sadly, I grew up in a house where food and eating meant you were happy. If you weren't eating, you weren't happy... You do what feels right for your body and try not to let those comments have any impact on you!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yep. For me, that comes along with a bonus, because I have lost weight by becoming vegan. So I get all of that plus the comments about how I cannot get enough protein, etc. etc. One of my favorite things to take to work for lunch is giant salads with a ton of veggies, and every time I eat it around my employees, someone mentions how I am eating too much. Then I have to remind them that I have lost 95 pounds in the last 7 months!
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Its used to be your so pretty, if you dropped a few...., now its well we cant eat there because she wont eat, or your going to blow away in the wind if you dont stop losing weight. Geez cant win!
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I understand what everyone is saying. This drives me nuts. I do not think people know how to respond sometimes. I have lots of snacks on the table at work where the nurses chart...brownies, cookies...all sorts of goodies..I never eat them. I have had a few staff say....oh I know you are watching your weight...I reply with...Im not watching my weight, I have allergies to nuts and I do not like sweets...people need to remember how to never assume. Very awkward.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I understand what everyone is saying. This drives me nuts. I do not think people know how to respond sometimes. I have lots of snacks on the table at work where the nurses chart...brownies, cookies...all sorts of goodies..I never eat them. I have had a few staff say....oh I know you are watching your weight...I reply with...Im not watching my weight, I have allergies to nuts and I do not like sweets...people need to remember how to never assume. Very awkward.

I don't really want to lie though...if I'm avoiding brownies it's because I'm watching my weight (or my sugar), not because I don't like sweets :)
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Amen! My family HATES waiting for me to measure every serving of food. And the fact that I have to sit down to each meal with my iphone and track as im eating makes me a "crazy person". Haha. Oh well.