FAT QUESTION -- Is going over my fat, but under my saturated

Options
FAT QUESTION -- Is going over my fat, but under my saturated fat for the day ok? (I am within my calories)

Thanks,
-Pink

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I suggest you talk with your doctor on that. Mine is much more interested my saturated fats than my total fats. It might be because he wants me to take 4 1200 mg fish oil capsules a day. We review my nutrient charts monthly and he has noted, and approves, of me eating cinnamon almonds daily. Boy, are they yummy! :bigsmile:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Depends on your POV and your goals.

If you stay under the calories you burn, you lose weight even if 100% of your calories come from fat. OTOH, that's not healthy. (And it sounds kind of gross, actually)

I only watch my protein and my calories. I try to limit carbs and fats but I don't worry about going over on them on any particular day as long as I get my minimum protein grams and don't go over my calories. But I have low cholesterol and no family history that would indicate I need to worry about the kinds of things eating too much fat would do for you.

Then again, if I stay under my calories and over on my protein, there is a limit to how much fat I can eat anyway. So, when I go over, it's not by a lot.
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! WOW -- I can't believe how much weight you've both lost. What an inspiration!