FitBit

Options
Does anyone have the fitbit and how do they like it? i was reading on the website and it sounds like a great tool. it is $99 but automatically updates for you.

Replies

• shagybear33
    Options
    What is it?
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit accurately tracks your calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. The Fitbit contains a 3D motion sensor like the one found in the Nintendo Wii. The Fitbit tracks your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities.
    You can wear the Fitbit on your waist, in your pocket or on undergarments. At night, you can wear the Fitbit clipped to the included wristband in order to track your sleep. Anytime you walk by the included wireless base station, data from your Fitbit is silently uploaded in the background to Fitbit.com
    You can read the FAQ or the short product manual to learn more.
    The Fitbit is currently in high demand. We are filling pre-orders, and will start shipping new orders on Feb 17th. We will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    From the reviews I've read, it would be a good choice to stay away. There's a firmware bug
    that's delayed orders before September 2008 until at least March 2010 (the devices have to be
    reflashed).

Other orders in September 2008 that came before the bug weren't shipped until September

Doug
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Check out this thread for more information on it. I want one and wasn't aware there was a bug. Look like I will be waiting until the bugs are worked out before I buy one.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Damn, me too. it looked awesome to tell you what you actually burned in calories and moves and sleep info. that is awesome.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Check out this thread for more information on it. I want one and wasn't aware there was a bug. Look like I will be waiting until the bugs are worked out before I buy one.

Duh! I forgot to post a link to the thread I was referring to

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/25107-cool-new-fitness-toy?hl=fitbit#posts-893109