What "treats" do you buy for your family?

Options
momwhosbusy
momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
So, I just realized after grocery shopping today that I am truly blessed with an amazing family. The foods and drinks that I buy that my kids consider treats? OJ, apples, grapes, yogurt, pistachios, shredded wheat cereal...Yes they are normal kids and LOVE the candy, chocolate, sodas and icecream but these are their go to choices when I ask them what treats they want when I get groceries! LOVE IT! Any one else want to share?

Replies

• LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My girls also get excited when I bring home strawberries, blueberries, grapes, yogurt, etc. Of course, they like a Hershey Kiss after dinner but other than that, they love their "healthy treats."
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    So far the only person I really buy for is my husband and I. For him, perogies, icecream and apples. For my sister, her go to is vitamin waters. Our house is constantly stocked.

Your family is on the right track for sure!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, my husband's still a normal guy who loves his oreos, red Monster, & creamy honey peanut butter at every grocery trip. I DO get him to eat his veggies like cucumbers, 'cause for some reason when he sees me eating something, he HAS to have it. Works like a charm. ;)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I don't have a family that I buy groceries for but my treats:

kashi cereal
    protein bars
    greek yogurt
    rice cakes
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I don't have a family that I buy groceries for but my treats:

kashi cereal
    protein bars
    greek yogurt
    rice cakes

We have the same treats. Nice!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    My house is full of junk food always. I only let my daughter eat it in moderation, but my boyfriend and I pig out every other night on chips, ice cream, candy, nacho, etc after she goes to sleep.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    CINNAMON GUMMY BEARS .... Yummy!!
    Oreos
    Occasionally some soda, but usually Peach or Orange Tea
    :( ICE CREAM :( I absolutely LOVE IT but can't be in the same house with it 0:-)
    Popcorn
    We bake lots - cookies, toffee, brownies, ....
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's just me and the husband, but our "treats" are

-pistachios
    -cashews
    -pepperoni sticks
    -Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds (I can't have almonds anymore but I still get them for him)
    -Jelly Bellys