Reeeeeeeally having trouble resisting this craving...

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkest_mom
    Options
    I find that occasionally giving into cravings on a moderate level helps me remain positive and focused about my weight loss. As long as you are not continuously looking for excuses to spoil yourself with things that are not along your dietary needs, life would be very unpleasant without a little indulgence to reward your efforts. I try to build my daily intake around a splurge that way I stay as far within my boundary as possible and still enjoy a fatty or sweet snack.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had one WHILE doing my workout this morning.

Yep, that's how I roll. I give up a lot of things, control a lot of cravings...but DDP and Diet A&W are my kryptonite.

Is it the best thing in the world? Nope. Is it the worst? Nope.

I would much rather have Diet A&W right now. I may need to go to walmart and invest in some. Soon. As for today, brisk nocal peach tea it is!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    DR. PEPPER CAN DISABLE THE NERVOUS SYSTEM CAUSING TISSUE NECROSIS, RESPIRATORY PARALYSIS, KIDNEY FAILURE, COMA AND DE...

Oops my bad, that's snake venom. Carry on...
  • healthynotthin
    Options
    DR. PEPPER CAN DISABLE THE NERVOUS SYSTEM CAUSING TISSUE NECROSIS, RESPIRATORY PARALYSIS, KIDNEY FAILURE, COMA AND DE...

I love trolls. I love you all. :flowerforyou:
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Can you have your snack/meal just before class so that you don't get tempted or bring a smoothie?
    Hey, I like my sodas too but my altrnative for that is now Zevia's. They have all the flavors of soda that I like including Dr. Pepper. I'ts a little more costly & may be found at Whole Foods or on the Zevia website. They are sweetend with Erythritol & Stevia (Truvia) so if you can stand the taste, you may have your fix too. It does have an aftertaste like any other diet drink but it depends on the flavor and it's pretty similar to the taste suclarose (splenda).
  • healthynotthin
    Options
    Can you have your snack/meal just before class so that you don't get tempted

I did. That's part of the problem. I've just been really hungry today. :(
    As per the rest of your post, college and dorm living does make some of that difficult. I always forget to mention my food/income situations. :P
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

That wasn't trolling. I was being facetious while trying to make a point about the irrational and unsubstantiated fear people have of diet soda.

If I was trolling I'd have just said "God doesn't exist and Mitt Romney will destroy America" - far more responses.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i try not to drink more than 5 tall boy (24oz) cans of diet dew a day
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had one WHILE doing my workout this morning.

Yep, that's how I roll. I give up a lot of things, control a lot of cravings...but DDP and Diet A&W are my kryptonite.

Is it the best thing in the world? Nope. Is it the worst? Nope.

I have an unhealthy love for Diet A&W :)
  • healthynotthin
    Options

That wasn't trolling. I was being facetious while trying to make a point about the irrational and unsubstantiated fear people have of diet soda.

If I was trolling I'd have just said "God doesn't exist and Mitt Romney will destroy America" - far more responses.

Okay. Sorry, I just was trying to react without taking offense. I've had an off day and the little things are getting to me. I am taking you seriously, I just was searching for alternatives to diet soda that anyone had. I know it won't kill me. I drank one today anyway, and I'm still alive. I'm sorry for taking your response a different way than you intended.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am with you on that one.DDP was my favorite,still think about getting one,but have maintained by adding a little lemon to my water and green tea,gives me some sweetness. Good luck!:)
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key.... have the soda you probably won't drink it all anyhow.
  • 256Sept12
    Options
    I drink diet soda 1-4 times a week and probably always will. It doesn't hurt my weight loss any and I see no issues with it.

You say you drink water so much, having 1 diet soda won't hurt you.