Healthy eating question....

Options
So I have been eating healthy (not diet food, just healthy portions) since I started.

My dilemma is eating all the calories I am supposed to consume each day. My daily caloric intake should be 1200, after Zumba it usually adds in an additional 400 or so, however, I am finding it very difficult to continue eating that much food.

I have never been a breakfast person but I have incorporated a healthy breakfast into my mornings after Zumba class, so that has been working really well. For Lunch and dinner I have been eating very balanced healthy meals and I drink water with all my meals. The 2 daily snacks have been great too, so all in all I have been feeling really wonderful.

Like I said before, I am not eating diet food but I am watching portions and calories I consume. I am staying away from soda and sweets, pretty much any junk food. My snacks are healthy ones.

So my question is, do I have to eat all the daily calories or is it okay to have some left over at the end of my day? Any advice will be appreciated and welcomed...God Bless.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Here's my question in return. If you can't eat more calories in a healthy manner now, what will you do when you reach your goal weight? Are you going to continue eating 1200 calories forever?

Personally, I think learning how and what to eat was one of the most important parts of my past year of dieting. You might want to look into more calorie dense foods so you don't feel overly full. Add some nuts, full-fat dairy, olive oil, avocado, etc to your diet.
  • evelynmel
    Options
    I am eating those things. I am also sticking to my caloric intake according to the tracker. I don't feel overly full, the thing is that while I am eating healthy and learning what goes with what at the end of the day I am having calories left over. If I don't work out that is not the case, but I want to work out. Thanks for your feed back anyways.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If you are up for opening your diary maybe someone can help more with ideas but if not that fine too.