Perfect daily meals, or road to death?

Options
Hey i'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to get about half of my calories per day from protein shakes (with water not milk), the rest from fruits such as watermelon and oranges for micronutrients and then a small portion of just oatmeal for fiber. Also i'd be taking multi vitamins. If i could stick to this 5 days a week and on the weekends no protein shakes only white meat and ground beef would it be amazing for me or is it a bad idea?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, just eat a balanced diet of normal food!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Personally, I couldn't/wouldn't be happy doing that. Could you honestly see yourself eating that way for the rest of your life? If not, then whatever results you achieve from this diet aren't going to last. What's wrong with just eating real food?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    When you depend on protein shakes and other quickie methods to lose weight, when you get there, you have no idea how to eat healthy. Learn to cook! Make healthy, balanced meals. When you get to your goal, you will already have all the tools you need to maintain your healthy lifestyle. Good luck.

Edit: Oops, even if you are in good shape, time will be your enemy... learn to eat healthy now and avoid the pain later when you are sick of protein shakes and other artificial nutritional methods. IMO protein shakes should only be used as a supplement when you are attempting to "build" your body.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you are 6'0" -- do you think that is enough to fill you? Why not a protein shake for breakfast, a balanced normal lunch and dinner, and your fruits/veggies for snacks?
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    no fats?????
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Are those the only 2 options?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, just eat a balanced diet of normal food!

This.

Being healthy and fit is hard enough as it is. Why make it harder with unnecessary restrictive food choices?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Where is the fat? Why would you want to do this to yourself when you can achieve the same results eating and enjoying real food?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to get about half of my calories per day from protein shakes (with water not milk), the rest from fruits such as watermelon and oranges for micronutrients and then a small portion of just oatmeal for fiber. Also i'd be taking multi vitamins. If i could stick to this 5 days a week and on the weekends no protein shakes only white meat and ground beef would it be amazing for me or is it a bad idea?

Amazing for you in what way?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why dies this see like a good idea to you?
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Personally, I couldn't/wouldn't be happy doing that. Could you honestly see yourself eating that way for the rest of your life? If not, then whatever results you achieve from this diet aren't going to last. What's wrong with just eating real food?

^^^^this

It has to be reality, lifestyle, long term. Good luck with your decision.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    What would the point of this be???
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I guess you would be adopting the same or similar principle of Slim Fast, I am sure it would work but when you reach your goal weight and start eating regular food again, you are more likely to gain alot of your weight back

I know you plan to eat food on the weekend and you did mention meat for the weekend, so I guess that is a somewhat plus

I dont think its a road to death, however I dont think for a longterm goal it is the best way

You have to try it for yourself and see if it works or even if you can stick to it

Goodluck
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to be 155lbs at 6ft tall and 18 yo? Not a good look!!!

why not go for a good weight for your height and age and go for some weights/running/exercise to tone yourself???
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your body is a temple?
    Worship it with food then. Real food.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If it's fake (protein shakes), it probably isn't good for you long-term. If you have a choice between fast food and a protein shake, obviously go with the shake, but it shouldn't be a few times a day kind of thing.

Also, you need good fats (omega-3) not only to be healthy but to burn fat, lose weight as well as maintain. Ultimately, you want to moderate & eat normally (so that it's sustainable long-term) but control your portions.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    For an 18y.o. male...155lbs seems a bit too thin IMO
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Per your profile you are 18, which means it is likely you're still growing, so I don't think it's a good idea--you need lots of nutrients! Eat real food (protein, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, dairy and grains--unless you're allergic) and leave the protein shakes for an after workout recovery boost.

Good luck.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Bad idea for sure!