Blood Type Diet..One it, Tried it? Need advice

Options
2»

Replies

• cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    id never heard of it ... so i googled...
    part of me agrees with the above person... part of me went hangg on.... im A+

Blood group A is called the agrarian or cultivator by D'Adamo, where he believes a more recently evolved blood type dates from the dawn of agriculture 20,000 years ago. The diet recommends that individuals of blood group A eat a diet emphasizing vegetables and free of red meat, a more vegetarian food intake.

i like vegetables... people often think im vegetarian - friends, my cousin..... im not really an eater of red meat - well not if you lok at my recent diet but generally red meat is only on a sat when we have steak, the rest of the time its meat free or chicken... im now going to blame my blood for my eating habbits..... lol!
    x

I'm A+ too (Yay for donor compatibility!), and I don't fit the description pretty much at all. Also, if you compare that it says type A should have little meat, and lots of veggies and carbs, and then my body shape and family history of diabetes and metabolic issues suggest little carbs, higher protein.. well, it just doesn't really add up.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This is just for leisure reading since you said you like to research. I find this article fascinating and don't let the title persuade you not to read it:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html

I will check this out, thanks for the link :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This is just for leisure reading since you said you like to research. I find this article fascinating and don't let the title persuade you not to read it:

Ok checked it out, and I completely agree in terms of weight loss. I feel people use different approaches not just for weight loss, but for other ailments, illnesses and such. To lose weight, yes it is about how many calories you consume and what you expend. But in terms of health conditions and such, I feel it is alot more complicated then just cals in cals out. While I do eat low carb, I still do eat above my BMR and cut from TDEE, so I do believe that is right for the weight I wanna get off. But I do low carb more because of how sugars affect my body, not necessarily because I think the pounds will come off quicker. I am definitely past the point of looking for a quick fix lol all about my health now :)

Thanks for the read! (sorry my rambling wasn't pointed at you, more just thoughts that kept going lol)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Ok checked it out, and I completely agree in terms of weight loss. I feel people use different approaches not just for weight loss, but for other ailments, illnesses and such. To lose weight, yes it is about how many calories you consume and what you expend. But in terms of health conditions and such, I feel it is alot more complicated then just cals in cals out. While I do eat low carb, I still do eat above my BMR and cut from TDEE, so I do believe that is right for the weight I wanna get off. But I do low carb more because of how sugars affect my body, not necessarily because I think the pounds will come off quicker. I am definitely past the point of looking for a quick fix lol all about my health now :)

Thanks for the read! (sorry my rambling wasn't pointed at you, more just thoughts that kept going lol)

I'm glad you read it and I applaud you for looking beyond "how to lose weight".
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The blood type diet is mostly BS, imo (yes I tried it). Lucky for me, since I am O, I had the healthiest plan imo.

So, I actually eat quite similar to what they suggested for my blood type, however, I don't think they had it quite right and there is much better information out there for optimal nutrition and health.

For instance, my child is an A blood type and is Inuit. How would it be appropriate for her to be a vegetarian when her immediate ancestors were eating a diet almost completely based on meat and animal fat? They couldn't have survived in the Arctic as vegetarians. LOL