Need health food ideas for late night

Hello everyone,

I m new to MFP. Just starting to exercise and eat healthy. My biggest problem is eating late because of my job. I have to work between 7-10pm so I get really hungry after i come home around 10:30 or sometimes 11. I usually try to eat before 7 but i get hungry after 4 hours of constant speaking and teaching.

What can I eat that is healthy and filling at time ?

THank you to everyone who responds

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    This may or may not be helpful, but just generally speaking, the fact that it's late at night doesn't necessarily need to influence your food selection. Eating a cheeseburger at 4pm vs 11pm will still contribute the same number of calories/macronutrients.

In that regard, my answer would be: Choose a food you enjoy eating that you still have calorie and macronutrient space for.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    fruit or vegetables, lean meats, nuts, dairy, or whole grains
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    My new one is pumpkin soup... made in a slow cooker. Google it to get your favorite recipe.. I only eat about a cup of it and my version is 40 calories. (FF Chicken Broth, can of pumpkin, favorite seasonings) You can make it taste like pumpkin pie or a nice spicy soup.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    ice cream or cheesecake. why even mess around?
  • I would make sure to have a healthy and filling dinner before work and just have a snack when you get home. Here are a few ideas that I like are: 2 whole eggs, 1/2 cup lowfat cottage with 1/4 berries, 1 slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter, or 10 grapes and 10 almonds. You may also like to check out some of the snack ideas from the following magazine websites: prevention, self, fitness, or shape. Good luck and have fun!