How to start again

Options
About 2 yrs ago I was in the best shape of my life (still had a ways to go but had never been so healthy) Now I weigh 5-10 lbs more than my heaviest past weight. I know there isn't an overnight solution. But how do I jump start my weight loss so I have at least a tiny head start. What excercises and diets have been successfull for you? Any friends or motivation would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Prepare the plan for a permanent change to your lifestyle. (Both the nutrition and the fitness components.)

Then, execute on your plan.

The good news: YOU CAN DO IT!!

The bad news: ONLY YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • mhilleary
    mhilleary Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I did circuit training at the gym and the pounds seemed to melt off FAST! I was also counting calories but the circuit exercises definitely contributed to the faster weight loss. As Beeps2011 said, YOU CAN DO IT!! :-)
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I always watch my calories on MFP and I also do at home programs by Beachbody. Next week I'm starting a 90 program so this week I've been doing some of my other at home DVDs to keep me in the habit. Let me know if you need help choosing one for you. Be commited, and I can hold you accountable if you are interested. I have free support and a private womens support group.

Otherwise, try walking every day for at least 30 minutes. Do some drills? (squats, lunges, jumping jacks, pushups, etc) You've got this, you've just got to tell yourself that.

Good Luck!!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Focus on a lifestyle change, feeding your body the best foods possible, keeping active, and above all, your health, rather than simply losing weight, and you wont go far wrong. Better to do it this way than to rush to lose weight, and end up regaining it all again because that was your sole purpose.