Easy chicken recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Start a fire, preferably outside, season some chicken to taste (I like Mrs Dash) put chicken over fire until cooked but for Pete's sake don't overcook it til its all dry and hard.

Then you can use it for anything. I grill a bunch and freeze it to use later. Forty seconds in the microwave and you can use it in omlets, on a tortilla, with pasta, sliced up on a sandwich, next to rice, just by itself.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart chicken is good with almost anything on it but the most simple recipes If you have time let it marinade if not that's fine but go to the store and try new seasonings....Seasonings make a difference and bake that chicken there are hundreds of seasonings so you have a lot of different choices also get some marinades but if you season it over night and bake it or marinade it over night and bake it...it makes a big difference...Simple and great tasting
  • torourke69
    Options
    Six boneless chicken breasts
    One large jar of salsa
    Crock pot over night on low

Sounds awesome
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
  • MikesterAZ
    MikesterAZ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Get canned chunk white meat chicken and you can heat it up with pasta sauce over spaghetti or fettucini noodles, or boil egg noodles and use a can of chicken broth with the meat and add potatoes, carrots, broccoli, etc.... salt, pepper and basil are all wonderful seasonings and also don't be afraid to use parmesan. If you get fresh chicken, I recommend breasts, you can bread them with flour or crumbs and garlic salt or other seasonings and bake, they are delicious with pasta or as sandwiches or just by themselves with rice.
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    -Bacon strips.
    -Chicken breasts.

1: Wrap chicken breasts with bacon strips.
    2: Bake in oven.
    3: Eat bacon wrapped chicken breasts.

Optional: Store leftovers.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Get a foreman style grill thingy.

Put chicken on. Take chicken off 5-7 minutes later. (boneless is best)

TADA: you know have a cooked piece of chicken that can go on a sandwich, in a salad, by itself, with pasta, or whatevs.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    check out Allrecipes.com they are fantastic they have everything!
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos-Boil some chicken or use precooked,Shred the meat after it cools,add taco seasoning(its in the spices aisle)..or make your own.

Put it inside a premade tortilla(hard or soft).

Add sour cream,cheese,tomatoes,and lettuce...You can also omit the taco shells and have a taco salad..add salsa instead of salad dressing..avocado too if you like.

Buy some shake and bake...You just wet the meat,shake it in the bag with the breading and bake it,add some minute rice and veggies.

Bake the chicken,add a hamburger bun,American cheese and a tomato slice....Chips on the side
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You should not go for the easy chickens. Go for the free range ones that give you the run around first.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 bottle of franks hot sauce
    1 packet of hidden valley ranch dry mix
    crock pot

trim chicken of fat, score outsides to let sauce seep into chicken. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with ranch mix. pour whole bottle of franks over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours. You can either leave the chicken whole or shred and put on rolls for chicken sandwhiches. Under 200 calories with out bread : )

I LOVE this recipe. I might even make it for tonight. thanks for reminding me about it.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Rice Casserole

3-4 Chicken Breasts
    1 cup rice
    1 cup water
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 pkg dry onion soup mix

Mix soups, water and rice in a glass baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top. Put dry onion soup mix on top of other ingredients. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours (add water if needed). Great with a veggie on the side!

This is a recipe that my mom always made for sunday dinner after church if we weren't having roast. LOL It is yummy and so easy