Anyone else 5'6"?

Options
I was wondering what other girls of similar height have as their goal weight? I'm aiming for 133lbs but dont know if that's too much or too little (long way off yet!)

Replies

• Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm 5'7 and aiming for 135 lbs, so your goal sounds ok to me :) What would your IMC be with a weight of 133 lbs? 22-ish?
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm 5'7 and aiming for 135 lbs, so your goal sounds ok to me :) What would your IMC be with a weight of 133 lbs? 22-ish?

I think so:smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A general rule of thumb for Ideal weight:
    For a woman 100lbs at 5'0", and add 5 lbs for every inch so at 5'6" ideal weight for a woman 130 (100 +6*5)
    For a Man 106 lbs at 5'0", and add 6lbs for every incch so at 5'6" ideal weight for a man 142 (106+6*6)

These are just rules of thumb of course and have a lot to do with body type and % body fat etc.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7. Currently 163 - goal weight 140-145.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5", aiming for 125.
  • JessicaShevlin
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'm most comfortable at 135. I was 145 when I got married, and was still looking and feeling good. I think less than 130 is too skinny for our height. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and aiming for 130
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" and I am aiming for 128. I was weight when I married and I felt good there. :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 now and weigh 150. I am pretty comfortable with my actual weight, I just want to be way more toned. I know that that entails losing more fat, so for now I am just saying 140. If I ever get there (ha) I will change to maintenance and work on my fitness.

Oh and I wear a size 10, 8 on a good day or in dress pants.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    5'5" and 135.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'm most comfortable at 135. I was 145 when I got married, and was still looking and feeling good. I think less than 130 is too skinny for our height. :)

I don't know, I think it depends on the person. I'm 5'6.5", and have been as low as 114 before. I wasn't 'too skinny' at all. But I have a small frame....

That's why it's so tricky to try to pick an 'ideal' weight for someone of a certain height, because we're all built differently. I had quite a bit of flab on me at 114.

Though, to be fair, at 114 I was thin but not fit. I didn't exercise much, etc. It's possible I could get down to the same size I was back then but be at 130 because I've got a lot more muscle tone than I did then....
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I agree I think it depends
    I am a smidge over 5'7 and my comfy weight is 128-130
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I thinks it depends on the person. I'm 5'6 and I would look sickly at 130. The lowest I would like to be is 165.
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wow, that's quite a diverse response. I guess it really does depend on each person and you cant go too much by height. I just want to be under 140 lbs for the first time since I was 18! (even if it's just a couple of ounces) :wink:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    wow, that's quite a diverse response. I guess it really does depend on each person and you cant go too much by height. I just want to be under 140 lbs for the first time since I was 18! (even if it's just a couple of ounces) :wink:

Good luck to you...as u start loosing weight....you will find your perfect goal weight for you
    I think it also depends where u hold your weight etc...
    In my profile pics I am about 133 and don't think I look sickly or too skinny...everyone is different
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,587 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", and my goal when I started at 169 was 145, but now that I'm 150, I think I might want to shoot for 135 or 140. But first, I'll get to 145 and celebrate that. Then I'll decide where to go from there. :happy:
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I am 5'5 and am aiming for 150. The smallest I have ever been is 170. So 150 for me will be amazing. and I am also afraid that if I lose too much I won't have a chest anymore and I kind of like what I have there!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and am aiming for 150. The smallest I have ever been is 170. So 150 for me will be amazing. and I am also afraid that if I lose too much I won't have a chest anymore and I kind of like what I have there!

My chest has shrank like 7 inches :grumble: I'm sure by the time I get to my goal I will have gone from full C to small B :(