Favorite lift

Options
This is here, and not in fitness, because it's not about exercising, or what lifts and how for specific results. Purely for fun. What is your favorite lift? Why do you like it?

I love the leg press. It makes me feel strong.

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bench press and Barbell hip thrusters.
    Both make me feel strong and I love loading heavy weight on the barbell for thrusters and find all the stares I get amusing.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Leg press and weighted squats. It makes me feel strong!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    probably deadlifts. although last time i did them i felt like i might be dead for real
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    military press which is kind of ironic because its probably my weakest. 2nd favorite is definitely deadlifts
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    preacher curl cause it's the one I struggle with the most.

And another that I don't know the name of. >_<
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    When my hip leaves me alone, squats for sure.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    military press which is kind of ironic because its probably my weakest. 2nd favorite is definitely deadlifts

mp is usually everyone's weekenst provided they aren't in the "every day is upper body day" crowd
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Body Beast has a giant set in the Build Legs workout:

- Parallel squats, Bulgarian split squats and straight legs deadlift. 15,12, and 8 reps. With a 30 seconds rest in between sets.

You can't walk right after this. I love the set though!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

mp is usually everyone's weekenst provided they aren't in the "every day is upper body day" crowd

Or born with boulders for shoulders, ie my friend that always looks like he's flexing.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Lat pulldown
  • taylor5877
    Options

According to strength charts it's my strongest lift, and I'd never even done one with a barbell until this year. My shoulders/traps are naturally my strongest muscles relatively speaking though.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    Talking absolute weight MP is usually lowest. But yeah I have seen a dude seated MP ~215 for reps...
  • taylor5877
    Options
    Damn, I don't care what you weigh, 215 for reps is damn good.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Military press is my favourite too. I am not a manly beast, but I love my shoulders.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Leg press, when squats and deadlifts kick my *kitten* its nice to pick on the leg press
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Squat and it is also my weakest. Second is the Deadlift.
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Squats... best full workout for your body.. than top it off w/ leg press.. start w/ a ton.. makes you look bad azz..