Ugh..... What's going on with me?

Options
I know my goals, I know what I need to do in order to achieve them...but yet I haven't done much about it.:frown: I am having such a hard time getting motivated. Some days I do good with my calorie intake others days I am horrible. This cold weather & short days aren't helping much. By the time I get home from work, it's dark and I can't motivate myself to get out to the gym.

I did speak with my mother the other day and she told me I can have her treadmill. She doesn't really use it. I am excited about that, my husband and I are going to pick it up this weekend. Hopefully having this treadmill will motivate me to get up and move. It will definitely be a lot easier to exercise in the house now.

I just need a few words of encouragement. Feeling ugly and blah today....

Thanks for listening...

Monica

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    Welcome!! WE CAN DO THIS!! Don't beat yourself up, this is a life change, not a diet, so it will take time, it's hard to change lifelong habits and in a year from now we will all be strutting our skinny selves around!

And if that is your picture as the avatar, you are so NOT ugly!

Best Luck:smile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It is the cold!!! I had no problems motivating myself to go work out until it started getting. Now, I just want to go home and cuddle with my dogs on the couch. Hopefully, having a treadmill at home will help you. I wish I had one!!

BTW, you're beautiful, today and everyday!!!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I was going through a spell just like you. I kept putting it off. "Tomorrow" or "I'll get back to it next week". The more I put it off the more I was hurting myself. And yes, the short, cold days - I get home now and it's practically dark and it' s only 530. I'd rather climb into bed . . . . but -

My best advice: The days when you don't feel like it or feeling really unmotivated - get yourself moving. Before you sit down when you get home, get your work out clothes on. Even for just 10 minutes, that's 10 minutes you got yourself doing something. Once you get yourself going, the easier it becomes. That 10 minutes can turn into 20 . . . and so on.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Before you sit down when you get home, get your work out clothes on.

I just stopped going home before I went to the gym. I take my workout clothes with me and change there. It's helped a lot since I'm a lot more likely to talk myself out of it if I go home first. Now, I leave work and head to the gym.
  • czar1978
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! You can do this!

I often feel the same way you have been feeling. The winter weather doesn't do much to help. I just push myself; the beginning of a workout or run may be difficult, but it I feel so much better half-way through. Watching the numbers on the scale go down is a good motivator too. :wink:
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. Today is a new day & I know I can do better.:flowerforyou: