How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I'm just wondering how often should I weigh myself, I don't want to get discouraged by looking at the scale and finding out that it's the same, cause I weighed myself too early.

So how often do you guys weigh yourselves ?

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Weigh once per week at the same time, but only compare weights on a month-to-month basis. This is especially true for women because of water weight fluctuations in relation to hormones.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month. Haven't weighed in 3 months. My scale broke during our move :o( and just been to busy to go out and buy another. I know I am on the right track though cause my pants are getting baggy.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Every week..... And it hasn't moved, yet my pants are falling off me .... So *kitten* the scale!!!!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as a part of my bathroom routine. I keep track of my daily weights on a different tracker. The only one I count on mfp is my Saturday weight. Sometimes it is higher than Friday, but I don't care... as the number will likely go down the next Saturday.

I weigh myself daily to watch for my mini plateaus that I seem to get every 3-5 weeks. When I see one, I do a slingshot week and move on. With this method I seem to be losing 8 pounds every 4-5 weeks. This works for me because I see a nice loss of 1-3 pounds most weeks. Any faster than that and I think I would be worried about my health. I didn't get this big over night, so I certainly will not get rid of my extra insulation over night as well.

Although I keep track of my weight, I consider my tape measure my best friend. I take my measurements every 4-5 weeks, usually the first Saturday of the month. This is where I count my real progress!

Keep in mind that your weight can change daily just with fluid and meal consumption, and weekly depending on the time of the month. So, don't get too discouraged if your numbers on the scale seem wonky.

Good Luck!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Stuck at 160 +/- a pound or two....for weeks.....

I wish I didn't drive myself crazy and get on the scale every day..LOL.

I'd like to do it once a week....but I know I can't handle that....
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm an admitted scaleaholic and was weighing in daily. However I'm currently doing No Scale October. In order to make sure i don't give in to temptation, my lying scale is visiting a friend.
  • EVERYDAY
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    Every day, even though I wish I didn't feel like I need to..............

Only record what it says on Monday morning tho'
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    record once a week
  • Ashleighkitty
    Ashleighkitty Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every morning x
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day first thing and be aware weight fluctuates. If you can't deal with the fluctuation then use this http://physicsdiet.com/

I you weigh once a week and overeat a little every day then you get depressed when you realize you have to backtrack a week.
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So many people are against it, but I weigh myself twice a day. It doesn't bother me to see if the scale goes up a pound or so. Mostly I just weigh myself so often so I can get accustomed to the fluctuations in my body and know when I have high weight and when I have low weight.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • cherridawnn
    Options
    WAY TOO OFTEN!!!
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Friday morning like clock work! :smile:
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday...can't help it. I know that it fluctuates on a lot of factors, but if I see it go up, it reminds me to eat well that day. I usually do it first thing. Only record on Wednesdays though.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day twice a day. HOWEVER, I only log on Friday morning. It works for me, might now work for you. Just don't be a slave to the scale because that is only half the story. The way you feel, the way your clothes fit, your endurance....all these are more important than a number!
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    every morning, but am only recording it once per week, on a Monday morning
  • Kristadawnbrown1
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I know that I will fluctuate daily due to all kind of factors but I've gotten into the habit of doing it and it makes me feel better. You can weigh yourself as much as you want..it doesn't really matter...do whatever works for you. A better indication of how you're doing is by taking your measurements and testing out how your clothing fits.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only count it once a week. It keeps me in check calorie wise. I have learned not to freak out if it's up and not to celebrate too much if it's down.