Calories burnt through Intercourse ???

Options
Just curious to know how much calories we can burn through regular Intercourse.. Read somewhere it should be around 100 kcal.

Any study done on that..

If so reducing 500 kcal every week won't be any problem at all :love: :love: :love:

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if you're having sex for the calorie burn you're doing it wrong
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

My thoughts too.
    Calorie counting doesn't even cross my mind when I think of sex.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Calories are the last thing on my mind when thinking about sex. But hey if it works for you then I say go for it lol.
  • imstrong4me
    Options
    you should not think about how much calories you can burn while having sex:happy:
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/how-many-calories-do-you-burn-during-sex.aspx

this might help I also read that giving hand jobs burns tones of calories per half hour.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    :blushing: If it's hot and heavy and you really get worked up that is great, but I would log it as exercise. Instead you will know in your mind you burned extra calories and if you still do exercise along with the sex - you will probably lose a little more than expected - so go for it.

Sometimes I do little exercises or extra housework that I don't log but know I'm burning extra cals.
  • squatmami
    squatmami Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I totally wanted to ask that question but didnt have the guts haha :laugh:
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options

My thoughts too.
    Calorie counting doesn't even cross my mind when I think of sex.

Well now that baseball season is over Calorie counting may come in handy :)
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can burn that many calories in 2 mins???
    I'm going to tell my partner I will slip into something racy and put on my heart rate monitor. Grrr.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell my partner I will slip into something racy and put on my heart rate monitor. Grrr.
    Two minutes??? lol
  • misspenfold
    misspenfold Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Two minutes??? lol
    Two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven. :bigsmile:
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Maybe wear a HRM the next few times and get a baseline :)
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    I wore my HR monitor one time and believe you me it is not worth logging. I probably burn more c alories emptying the dishwasher. HR didn't go over 80.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It's not that many. Your heart rate rises for reasons other than it being a really physical workout. It's not worth trying to figure out the negligible amount of calories you burn.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    So thatttttssss why I was so skinny when I was a *kitten*! Ha jk
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    there was a post the other day which said 67 calories for every 10mins. You do the maths! :wink:
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is so much variability, at least for us. Most of the time it isn't energetic. That's not to say it isn't lots of fun...

But sometimes it really is a good workout. The times it has crossed my mind wondering how much I burned is when I'm panting hard and all sweaty after. Most often if we go for round 2 or particularly round 3 in one session I will get like that. I remember doing that when we first married. I couldn't have done that when I was out of shape. I'd get out of breath too much to enjoy it. Now it is a lot of fun.
    Maybe wear a HRM the next few times and get a baseline :)

I wonder what wifey would think of that one? ;-)

I do know by the feeling that I'm between 80% and 100% MHR for 5-10 minutes during those sessions. I don't think it's all that good of an exercise program. I try to put in a workout with 80% MHR for 10 minutes and 60% for 1/2 hour DAILY. Neither of us would be able to walk right if we did that much workout daily.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    depends how much spreadable chocolate you consume during.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Also worthy to note....Exercise is something you do BEYOND your normal scope of activity. So, you could count it if you did not EVER have sex. But, then some people count making dinner as exercise, so what the heck.

Remember, the only person your are fooling is yourself.

Good luck with that.
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I wore my HR monitor one time and believe you me it is not worth logging. I probably burn more c alories emptying the dishwasher. HR didn't go over 80.

I feel like you're doing it wrong...lol! My HR goes over 80 just THINKING about it.