worried about calorie intake

Options
Ive been averaging around 1400 calories for around 5 months, today i decided to go out with the guys for a few drinks. My calorie intake ended up around 1900-2000. Granted I never go over my calorie goal and exercise daily, I'm kind of freaking out now. Its been easy up to this point, but lately its been getting hard. i dont want to give up the good fight, but geeze, Im entitled to a few beers every now and then,right?

Replies

• ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    no harm in enjoying yourself and letting loose one night! brush it off and get back to it tomorrow! nothing to worry about :)
  • frj85
    frj85 Posts: 62
    Options
    my Saturdays I drink a lot, like 20 beers through out the day...total kill....but im still losing weight and im still happy
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000-2200 calories a day to lose weight.
    You will be fine
    Enjoy life! Don't beat yourself up
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No need to freak out. :drinker: Going over once in a while won't derail your progress. Honestly, at 1400 a day, you've probably got room to splurge on occasion.

I'm losing steadily eating 1800 - 2000 cals a day with regular (3-5 days a week) exercise. And men burn way more than women.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    Yeah, you're all right, I'm just tripping because I've worked very hard to get to where i'm at, and how easy it is to slip.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm a drinker and drink about every night - and allow for that. Hey one night for you- KUDOS.

You have lost 92 lbs - Keep up the good work and focus on what you have accomplished.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a drinker and drink about every night - and allow for that. Hey one night for you- KUDOS.

You have lost 92 lbs - Keep up the good work and focus on what you have accomplished.

i second that! 90 pounds is an incredible loss and you should be proud! treat yourself every now and then, it makes the journey a lot more manageable.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Its been easy up to this point, but lately its been getting hard.

Hard to maintain the diet, or hard to have much weight loss?

I'm with Jennifer, I wonder what that weight lost has been since that ain't much, and wouldn't be surprised at all if the amount lost has been getting slower and slower, not because of a conscience decision on your part, but just what your body is doing.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    92pounds lost is an amazing achievement!!! If you go over on calories every now and then it's not that much of an issue. As long as you keep the attitude that you are treating yourself and it doesn't become the norm. Most diets fail because people try to totally deprive themselves of things that they love. If you love beer then you should indulge every now and then. Just make it a few rather than a dozen and every now and then rather than every day and you'll be okay. Don't feel guilty about it, hit the gym/track and burn off those excess calories. Just make sure you're enjoying them at the time and they're worth the extra effort. Life is all about balance :smile:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    1,400 calories? What's you're TDEE? How large is your deficit?
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys, I tend to get a little ocd when i decide to make a life change decision. For me its always been all or nothing. Not sure what TDEE is, but the amount of calories was detemined by my Dr. Of coarse That was at the start .(started at 317)
    now at 225 it has slowed a bit, but not so much to where i get discouraged. I bike ride just about every day,(6-8 miles depending).I know it seems low for calorie intake, but usually im not hungry, and I dont fel like I sould force myself to eat. At any rate feeling much better now, thats all for the love.