Wow.

Options
I would just like to say since I stopped being obsessed with that number on the scales things are improving. I measure every friday..seven different body parts then take photos. I will ocassionally go on the scales if there has been significant inch loss.
I mut say I was eating 1200 and exercising like a loon and the scales wouldn't budge.I was cranky and miserable.Since looking at my diet. Getting more knowledge,and increasing my cals Yes I said INCREASE I have lost almost 10inches. I feel stronger ,more rational and my work outs are on fire!!!.
I felt it nesessary to say this as I hear so many people gutted by their way ins. It is a horrible thing so disheartening and sad.
I was a slave to them for many many years.
No more Also you will notice I have removed my ticker.Everytime I saw it My head said is that all you have lost..etc ( i have only lost a couple of pounds by the way )
I will not be beholden to them any more.
I hope you ladys realise you are beautiful and worth way more than that number.
So lets treat our bodies right ,love ourselfs into health and fitness. No more deprivation. I ea more or less what I want in moderation.
Funky freedom friday!!!
Go people be kind to yourself because your all very worth it. And you guys too :))

Replies

• nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    well put
  • TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and how many calories did you increase to? Just wondering....
    You've got the right mindset. I always tell people to throw the scale away!! Measurements and pictures tell the real story. How long have you been on your fitness journey?
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    That was real, thanks for posting this. I measure also..Im losing inches and my clothes are looser in the waist... BUT I haven't actually weighed myself in awhile....BUT I bet its still stuck on the last # in was on!!! I ditched my scale because it was so very depressing and made me feel like a failure, like I wasnt progressing...and I AM progressing ! Im way stronger, I can jog without feeling like a hippo and out of breathe...I can actually do plyometrics with only a few breaks (Im talking "Insanity" here) So ladies like Angel759 said please dont be obsessed with that stupid scale...YOU are more than a number......
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Amen to that...and as they say, it's all in moderation. If I want a burger I will have a burger, but just not everyday. Same with fried chicken ect. But I know if someone have food addictions that is something they can't do. I weigh myself every other week when I go to my doctors. Sometimes the scale move and sometimes it don't. But as long as I know that I've been working out regularly and that my clothes say otherwise....it's all good.

Great posting.