Testing on humans... better than animals

Options
firstsip
firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
Do we all agree?

I know chimpanzees have been known to exhibit the intelligence of a toddler, and elephants have been able to learn minor math, but I think testing is better suited for people.

Besides, not even apes can hold a pencil as well as we do, so what would be the point in testing animals?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think they should taste test bacon on me. Animals don't appreciate it enough.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'll test some drugs tyvm :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I would just like to add that giraffes are terrible at algebra.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt mind testing some drugs if I got paid for it.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Like tests of extended bouts of sexual activity?
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Why don't we use criminals that are on death row for it? Just my thoughts :happy:
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options

That sounds like a sweet gig. Let's start a business. We can be partners.
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My opinion is unpopular, but I feel that we could make better use of the violent, recidivist criminals that we all support with our tax dollars, by using them for testing. I'm not talking about the poor idiots who screwed up once or twice and still have a shot at rejoining society. I mean the total freaks of nature who do terrible things at every opportunity. Why use innocent animals for testing when our prisons are filled with nightmare monsters who should be made to contribute something to society?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Why don't we use criminals that are on death row for it? Just my thoughts :happy:
    Seriously. I don't see why we can't do this. Let their last years on earth go for a good cause since our tax dollars are paying for them to sit there anyway.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My opinion is unpopular, but I feel that we could make better use of the violent, recidivist criminals that we all support with our tax dollars, by using them for testing. I'm not talking about the poor idiots who screwed up once or twice and still have a shot at rejoining society. I mean the total freaks of nature who do terrible things at every opportunity. Why use innocent animals for testing when our prisons are filled with nightmare monsters who should be made to contribute something to society?

Totally agree
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    This thread was a joke and we still managed to get the "screw prisoners and test on them" crap.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Test all new bacon recipes facility. If it has bacon in it, we'll test it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the, "Let's test on criminals" response. Aren't they famously more uneducated than the rest of the populace? Do you really think they'll be good at Calc, or even Physics? That seems like a waste of money to me.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the, "Let's test on criminals" response. Aren't they famously more uneducated than the rest of the populace? Do you really think they'll be good at Calc, or even Physics? That seems like a waste of money to me.

definitely not unintelligent. Look at Ted Bundy
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Our tests are being wasted on most teenagers, for that matter.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Test all new bacon recipes facility. If it has bacon in it, we'll test it.

You guys are going to be great business partners.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

I was going to say the same thing! We should test on the sex offenders!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

I was going to say the same thing! We should test on the sex offenders!
    Yes! Step 1: remove weiner.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I think we should test on babies. If a baby can handle it, a grownup surely will.