Sedentary or Lightly Active

Options
Which would you set the ticker at? I currently work from home, some days I do some heavy cleaning or repairs around the house, but most days I'm at my desk sitting. I exercise 3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes doing c25k.

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That is likely a question more of how you want to track. If you go with light, it will account for exercise calories burned so you wouldn't track those seperately. If you choose sedentary than you would be more responsible for adding exercise calories burned and making sure you are getting enough food based on those levels.

Personally, I've customized my target calories based on 15% (ish) lower than TDEE and add in my exercise calories.
  • Lindz_Girdner
    Options
    I use light because I'm a nurse. However I do not eat the calories I burned from exercise.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I work from home as well, and have young children (one at school, one does a couple of days daycare each week). I set mine at lightly active and I track exercise calories from actually exercise (gym, running etc) but not if I walk to the shops (10 mins away) or do cleaning, or play at the park with the kids.

Seems to work for me :)