47 with 61 pounds to lose & many failed attempts

Options
Hi All-

I am a 47 year old woman who has gained 50-60 pounds since getting married 10 years ago. I have tried many times to get the weight off, lots of great starts that fizzle out after a couple days or weeks. I am ready to make a change and get healthy. I used to work out regularly (roller-blade, bicycle, run, weight lift, etc). I moved away from my friends and lifestyle when I got married and lost motivation to work out. Eating well and taking care of myself feels so much better and I am looking for other women who can offer support and encouragement. We can do this together. Looking forward to meeting you and supporting each other on this journey!

Susan

Replies

• empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to join you on the journey!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Just re-read your post and can't believe how similar your story is to mine. The only difference is that it's only been 4 years marriage for me!
  • piffick
    Options
    How does this work? Can we start our own group?I really need a support system...all of my active girlfriends live 150 miles away, so I need encouragement!!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm about to turn 40. I am trying to lose about 75 pounds (YIKES)! I'm new to this and I'm not sure how to add anyone, but I will try.:smile:
  • piffick
    Options
    I'm not sure how to do this either, it took me 1/2 hour to figure out how to download a photo.....it would be great to get a group of women who could support each other and hold each other accountable to exercise!!!!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes it sure would!! I sent you a request to be my friend.
  • ajpeardon
    ajpeardon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Fabulous 40 something ladies" group. I just found them this week and have made a few new "friends" this week. We are all in the same boat:)
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    OMGosh I had to make sure I didn't write your intro myself :) Same age and weight loss goal ... and faith we will both do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Sozzy23
    Sozzy23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan.
    I also have had many failed attempts and needs to take control. I would be happy to to be a support and you could help be mine.
  • vickieblair
    vickieblair Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 47 as well, but have a lot more to lose, approx. 115. I'm just getting started myself, so if you would like to add me as a friend that would be great. We need to get fit before 50 and our metabolism slows even more LOL. Good luck.
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The main thing is that you didn't quit. I messed my whole day up this morning. Lack of sleep. I grab food just to keep going and I have wiped out my calories for today already, but I will not quit. I just started back Monday. You hang in there. I read a lot in the community posting. It makes me feel better when I see others stories close to my own that we are all trying. I think you can click on the person's name and go to their page. It should have a place to say invite to friends. I am not sure I only have 3 and can't remember. I will check it out for you and confirm if this is the way to do it. Good luck.:smile::smile:
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes you can click on the name under the photo. It will take you to their page and it will say add friend. I don't know if they have to accept or not. Also look up at your toolbar when in community it will also say invite friends. Hope this helped.