Provo Zombie Chase

So this 5K, is on October 27th in Provo, UT. Is anyone participating? How are you preparing for it? or how have you prepared for it, if you participated before? I'm signed up and not yet ready for it. It'll be my first race of any kind. But I'm excited. :D

Replies

• ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    :noway: I read this as "Provo Zombie CASE!" :laugh:

Good luck on your 5K, sounds awesome! Are you running from zombies or dressing as one?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    I heard it's a lot of fun, and if you get caught you become a Zombie... Good luck!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Is this like practicing for the zombie apocolypse??? :wink: :sick:

I don't run, so I have no good advice for you. But I might come down and watch because that sounds like FUN! :happy:
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    I'm doing Night of the Running Dead in Salt Lake on the 20th but we are only doing the 1K because the hubs is just getting back into fitness.

I didn't know there was a zombie chase... I have a wedding to attend that night or I'd totally be there
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    I heard it's a lot of fun, and if you get caught you become a Zombie... Good luck!

I don't see how anyone can get caught by a zombie, they're slow walkers! Just keep your pace and you'll do good! work on keeping fully hydrated the week before as well as super healthy foods/ low in sodium/fewer processed the better
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    looks like I moved away too soon
  • I want to do one of the zombie runs so badly. I have never participated in an even before but I would love to do one of those or volunteer to be a zombie.
    Good luck!
  • andie2013
    andie2013 Posts: 101

Yes, from what I read, it sounds fun and I like the idea of having to go through obstacles as it might help me break the run a little and give me a break from running. :)
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm training for my first Zombie Run coming up in March in Forney, Texas. I was gonna' go to the one in Austin, December 18, but am hoping the weather will be warmer in March. I've never done an actual 5K run before...this is my first, but I have done a 3K walk. I started my training by walking 1 mile. That quickly increased to 2.5 miles. Now I walk/run at least 3 but no more than 5 days a week the 2.5 miles. I'm up to running for about 16 minutes (not all at once...2 minutes at a time) of the 2.5 miles and usually finish the walk/run in 36 - 38 minutes. I've watched some online videos from different zombie runs and it looks like the zombies generally wait for you and chase you at the obstacles...so I think I'm good with the 2 minute bursts of speed!! I can't wait!! It will be a blast!!
  • andie2013
    andie2013 Posts: 101
    I'm training for my first Zombie Run coming up in March in Forney, Texas. I was gonna' go to the one in Austin, December 18, but am hoping the weather will be warmer in March. I've never done an actual 5K run before...this is my first, but I have done a 3K walk. I started my training by walking 1 mile. That quickly increased to 2.5 miles. Now I walk/run at least 3 but no more than 5 days a week the 2.5 miles. I'm up to running for about 16 minutes (not all at once...2 minutes at a time) of the 2.5 miles and usually finish the walk/run in 36 - 38 minutes. I've watched some online videos from different zombie runs and it looks like the zombies generally wait for you and chase you at the obstacles...so I think I'm good with the 2 minute bursts of speed!! I can't wait!! It will be a blast!!

That's awesome. Good luck to you.