• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: what the actual fu....
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Easy, i know that diet

drink zero water and do laps around your house wearing multiple trash bags!

Easy peasy!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    'MERICA!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Well, a single doctor endorses it, so we should all hop on this bandwagon.

PRONTOOOOOO~
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    There was another magazine like this one on the stands this week, it said "Lose 47 pounds by Thanksgiving!"
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    and this is what is wrong with this country.

No...what is wrong with this country is that people are there to begin with. We're such a gluttonous society!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    COOOL!!! Thanks. Now I also know that if I'm tired I can eat broccoli to cure it. :drinker:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Does it involve amputation??

LOL My first thought too
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Easy, i know that diet

drink zero water and do laps around your house wearing multiple trash bags!

Easy peasy!

I was going to say...that's not hard. I can do that in 2 days, I don't even need the whole 7. Can I get a seal of approval now?
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It's problematic to advertise weight loss with the words "fastest" and "crash".

When you're losing weight and trying to do it the healthy way, "crash" and "fast" shouldn't be in your vocab. Sigh.

Also, no one should trust tv doctors (even if they are actual licensed doctors.) Dr. Oz gets paid for misinforming everyone, and it's really just not right.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Is this dude for real? I recently recorded a few of his shows and he seems sort of hopped up on something at times... Just sayin.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

And???

I just read the article and basically you're jumping into a healthy eating life style that is sustainable:

"By feasting on nutrient-dense foods, you can lose weight faster and more efficiently. The goal of this crash diet is to dive right in, making the habits you learn and the recipes you make in the next 7 days part of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle."

My guess is the "Lose 24 lbs in a week" is to get people to actually buy the magazine and look up the article. How many magazines out there tout the same claim but has nothing to do with Dr. Oz? Almost every single one out there.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    the fine print says you'll gain 48 back the following week :noway:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    LOL maybe it's aimed at the 900lb+ group.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    would have to read the fine print....it probably involves a near death experience too
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

And???

I just read the article and basically you're jumping into a healthy eating life style that is sustainable:

"By feasting on nutrient-dense foods, you can lose weight faster and more efficiently. The goal of this crash diet is to dive right in, making the habits you learn and the recipes you make in the next 7 days part of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle."

My guess is the "Lose 24 lbs in a week" is to get people to actually buy the magazine and look up the article. How many magazines out there tout the same claim but has nothing to do with Dr. Oz? Almost every single one out there.

so you agree with this part?
    Step 3: Detox With Skinny Shakes
    To flush fat from your body, you’ll need to release the toxins that are keeping you swollen with fat and fluid. To repair cellular damage from processed foods, make a Skinny Shake of pomegranate juice, strawberries and lemon.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    To quote my second favorite fictional doctor: "Are you a real doctor, or are you a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor?"