Running...

Options
When you run do you lose weight all over equally?

Replies

• queensara2478
    Options
    Any type of cardio activity burns fat all over your body, there really isn't a way to lose weight only in one place. Although alot of us seem like were losing weight in one area faster it really is working for the whole body. Running will build muscles in the legs so they may seem to slim faster. Work in some overall strength training 2 days a week and you'll see a shape change all over. Running is a great activity but start out slow, make sure your wearing the right shoes and don't increase your mileage more then 1 mile a week. When your running you should be able to carry on a conversation so if your not able to talk slow down or even walk. Your still burning a lot of calories. When I first started running I would run for 2 mins and walk for 2 mins and then repeat. Each week I worked myself up to running for longer and taking shorter walking breaks.
  • shanli
    shanli Posts: 19
    Options
    I know you do with Swimming!
  • lilelephant
    Options
    thank you for your information!
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think it definitely does. I've started running and can feel it all over my body, back, arms, feet, heart. It's challenging at first, but I find it very rewarding over time. Now I can run 2 miles straight and I think that is awesome.
    I do disagree that you need to be able to carry a conversation. I pay more attention to my overall breathing and how my body is responding and like to push myself a bit.
  • lilelephant
    Options
    I just started running and can only run a mile non stop but after the first lap there is no way im gonna be able to carry on a conversation...lol i guess that shows how out of shape i am! but hopefully i can build that up..omg i also have no idea what i was thinking..the next 2 days after running that mile...i could barely walk!!!:cry::laugh: