Julie

Options
Hello,

My name is Julie! I am new in this site. I have been going through several tests the last month to get the Roux-en-y surgery yet this year. I currently am interested in finding a work out plan that I can do in my own home with out little or no equipment. Right now I cannot get up from the floor so floor exercises are out. I need to do at least 30 minutes a day with out fail. I need something that will work my muscles and also get my cardio up. But I need something that will help me start out slow and increase over time. I am really out of shape. Movement is not easy for me either. I recently quit smoking(June 2012). But any exertion causes me to breath hard and fast.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Cannot afford to go to a gym and too embarrassed to go to one.

Replies

• jshaen
    jshaen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You are headed in the right direction by joining. I wish you the best on your journey! Feel free to add me as friend!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    DDPYoga is amazing, the moves can be easily modified to fit your fitness level, here is a video of Arthur, he couldnt walk or stand without the aid of crutches. I started DDPYoga in July, and I love it. It combines strength, flexibility, cardio, & resistance. Its an awesome program.

Arthurs Video: http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448

For more information about DDPYoga, go here: www.ddpyoga.com

Good luck on your journey!

Edited to say, you dont "need" any equipment for this, maybe a mat if you have a hard floor, and an HRM to know where your heartrate is (but not necessary). Also, all the moves can be modified to standing positions so you dont have to get down on the floor.