NSV: Finally bought new clothes

Options
Yesterday, I went shopping for everyday clothing -- as opposed to fitness clothes -- for the first time since starting MFP. Okay, I know I've lost weight, but it was a shock.

Pre MFP weight: 161.5
Current weight: 124.6

Pre MFP dress size: 14 to 16
Current dress size: 6

Pre MFP jeans size: Hadn't worn jeans in over 25 years.
Current jeans size: 4

Here's the boo-hoo one.

Pre MFP bra size: 38DD
Current bra size: 36C

I turned 60 a week ago, but the saleslady said I have a young spirit and brought me youthful clothing that looks sophisticated.

I am 4'11", but when I had body fat testing done in May was told that 110 was too low a goal weight for me because of how high my lean body mass is, so I adjusted goal weight to 120. MFP BMI tool says when I reach 123.8 I will no longer be "Overweight." Next week, a friend and I are going for repeat body fat testing.

I will post elsewhere about what to do next re: how to know when I'm ready for maintenance and how to go about doing that.

Thanks for listening!
Michele

Replies

• Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I bet it felt so amazing to buy clothes that fit and made you feel great.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • michelechavez
    Options
    It was a surreal experience!

Me: I've lost a lot of weight and I have no idea what size I am.
    Saleslady: You look like a size 6 to me.
    Me: Really? I've never worn that small a size in my life!
    Saleslady: Yes, really.

I grab a size 6 dress, put it on, and look in the mirror down the hall in the dressing area. OMIGOD! I can't believe how I look. Svelte!

Then, I try on a bunch of stuff, most of which also looks fantastic, she and another saleslady come back with jeans.

Salesladies: We think you will fit into size 4 jeans, but we brought size 6, too. Which would you like to try on first?
    Me: The 6.

So, I try on the size 6 jeans and I SWIM in them! When I try on the size 4, they fit like a glove. I am overwhelmed by how tiny I look in them! I resolve to buy them on the spot, even though they are the most expensive of all my purchases. I will care for them like they are royalty.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It was a surreal experience!

Me: I've lost a lot of weight and I have no idea what size I am.
    Saleslady: You look like a size 6 to me.
    Me: Really? I've never worn that small a size in my life!
    Saleslady: Yes, really.

I grab a size 6 dress, put it on, and look in the mirror down the hall in the dressing area. OMIGOD! I can't believe how I look. Svelte!

Then, I try on a bunch of stuff, most of which also looks fantastic, she and another saleslady come back with jeans.

Salesladies: We think you will fit into size 4 jeans, but we brought size 6, too. Which would you like to try on first?
    Me: The 6.

So, I try on the size 6 jeans and I SWIM in them! When I try on the size 4, they fit like a glove. I am overwhelmed by how tiny I look in them! I resolve to buy them on the spot, even though they are the most expensive of all my purchases. I will care for them like they are royalty.

You made me smile, I absolutely loved your post, thank you!!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are so tiny now :)
  • maryesser
    Options
    Congratulations, Michele! You must feel wonderful - and thank you for sharing and showing how all the hard work pays off in SO many ways. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • emilyerose
    Options
    WOW, this surreal feeling you're talking about is what I want to experience so badly!!! Thanks for your lovely, encouraging post!! GREAT WORK, darling!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hey, 36C bras are a *hell* of a lot easier to find than 38DD! Don't boo-hoo about that! Haha.

Really though, that's awesome! Go you! :) I can't wait until I can wear single-digit sizes...I have two size-12 tops and my size-14 jeans are starting to fit a little loose, so it's gotta be soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!