23 pounds down and a half marathon!

Options
ylime412
ylime412 Posts: 11 Member
I haven't posted much on these boards before, but I read them all the time for encouragement, and now I thought I might encourage some of you!

I started MyFitnessPal back in early April, right around when I started running. I weighed in at 182 lbs(I'm 5'3"), although I know I probably was a bit higher because I only got access to a scale two weeks after I started. Anyways, I started running and counting calories. It was hard. I remember getting out of breath after only 5 minutes of running... and taking over 13 minutes to run a mile.

Fast forward to October. I have now lost 23 lbs, down almost 2 sizes, and just finished my first ever half marathon. I still have a long way to go before I am at my goal weight, but I am astonished at what I have accomplished. I now run about 20 miles a week and my average mile time is around 10 minutes (personal best is 8!). I have to admit that I have not been logging my calories very often recently, but hopefully posting this will change that. I love reading all the stories on here... keep them coming!

now some pics. before (after about 5 lbs of loss):
beforree.jpg

after!
this morning:
durinng.jpg

crossing the finish line!
half.jpg

with my sister and my medal!
yay.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!