Shakeology

Options
Has anyone ever tried Shakeology? If so, did you like it? I'm not big shake person but my trainer wants me to do a Shakeology challenge with him and I just want to get some more input about it. Thanks!

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You can get better protein shakes for less, and more nutritious, REAL food for less. Why bother?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried Shakeology? If so, did you like it? I'm not big shake person but my trainer wants me to do a Shakeology challenge with him and I just want to get some more input about it. Thanks!

And then he'll be trying to recruit you as a beachbody coach. I can't comment on the quality of these products as I've never used them but it is a multi-level marketing organization and the money for all the different tiers of commissions has to come from somewhere......

Have your trainer explanation to you why he thinks a meal substitute is superior to eating a nutritious balanced diet of real food. If the words detox or cleanse enter into the conversation get a new trainer.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Question: Would you have to purchase the Shakeology from him?
  • EdensJourney
    EdensJourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is AWESOME!!! Yes, I am a coach but I have no clients other than family and close friends. Do we make a commission , sure we do, but so does every retailer you buy something from. If you become a coach you pay less and it just makes sense. A lot of people make Beachbody their full time business and because the actual results or real people are everywhere you look, they are successful at it.
    As far as Shakeology goes...it is 100%natural and one shake is equal to 7 plates of fruits and veggies and it's packed with protein. and antioxidants. I get people giving me free packets of all sorts of shakes and honestly, shakeology is the best by far. There is no other shake out there like it, seriously. What he is asking of you is free so why not give it a try? Chocolate is my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of tropical or green berry so I wouldn't be a good advocate for those lol
    I would not promote something I didn't believe in and did not use myself. It's awesome and another bonus is if you are a coffee/caffeine person, this shake will give you energy like you would not believe and there is no caffeine in it.
    I say go for it...don't feel pressured to buy anything, just try it out and make your own decision. That's exactly how I got into it
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    7 plates of fruits and vegetables?
  • Twa0979
    Options
    I havent been able afford shakeology, but have looked into it alot. It seems to be the real deal, the most natural shake on the market, fat from a traditional protein shake. If you can handle the cost (About 4.00 a serving) I would highly recomend it.
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've tried both chocolate and greenberry and not a fan at all. I actually drink Idealshape shakes. They are rated #1 and Shakeology is rated #3. I really like the taste of them and use unsweetened almond milk instead of water. YUMMY!!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Shakeology is not a replacement for fruit, vegetables, or meals. It does not equal any of those things. It's a supplement that does not taste very good and costs a lot of money. Eat food, and if you somehow lack a specific nutrient from doing that, try eating different food. If that doesn't work, try a supplement. Preferably one that tastes better and doesn't cost as much. This is how protein powder works. I eat healthy food, but I do not get enough protein. I try eating different food, but I am lactose intolerant and don't like meat very much. Protein powder. Cheap. Yummy.
  • Stefini525
    Options
    I drink shakeology and I do like it, but it is really expensive. I don't believe it is necessary to have one everyday, but when I am in a hurry and need something quick I go to the shake. It is filling, and has a lot of good stuff that I don't generally take in otherwise. The only downside that nobody seemed to mention is that it can give you some serious gas!! I didn't have much of an effect from it, but like I said, I don't necessarily have it everyday.

It doesnt' hurt to try it if you can afford it. Although they changed the formula and the chocolate is a little funky. Be ready to add in some fruit or peanut butter!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    7 plates of fruits and vegetables?

Yeah I call bull**** on that one as well. The ONLY thing equal to 7 "plates" of fruits and vegetables is 7 actual plates of fruits and vegetables (which would be too much, by the way, it is possible). Even vitamin supplements are inferior to actually eating fruits and vegetables.

Here's a good rule: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Also, it's always wise to ask yourself "Does the person making these claims stand to gain anything from them being true?"

Bottom line... if something sounds REALLY AMAZING and the person telling you all these REALLY AMAZING things is selling a product, especially an expensive one, be suspicious. Be very suspicious.

(Edit: and before anyone tries to say "well I personally am not selling these shakes to the OP, and I think they're great," you still fall under the category of people who stand to gain something by the claims being true - you want to feel like you have not been ripped off by spending so much money, so you WANT to believe that they are true.)
  • naschulze
    Options
    I've tried it before. If you drink it slow it's a good meal replacement but tastes a bit powdery by itself, I liked it better when I used the shake recipes. The cost is a bit much though, especially if you use the recipes because then you are adding the cost of ingredients to an already pricey product.

I didn't use it long enough to notice any body changes but if I had the money I would consider trying it out for a longer period of time.

You should consider buying just a couple packets (I found a deal for a group of 4 when I tried it, 2 green and 2 chocolate) to try it out first.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

And then he'll be trying to recruit you as a beachbody coach. I can't comment on the quality of these products as I've never used them but it is a multi-level marketing organization and the money for all the different tiers of commissions has to come from somewhere......

Have your trainer explanation to you why he thinks a meal substitute is superior to eating a nutritious balanced diet of real food. If the words detox or cleanse enter into the conversation get a new trainer.

I could not have said it better myself.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have sampled it a couple times and the taste is horrible.. why use meal replacement, just eat a normal meal.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have tried both flavors (as samples) and didn't care for either. I think they are WAY overpriced. I can find much cheaper and better tasting. Just my opinion. Sure others love them. Still think they are too expensive.
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love it. I am NOT a Beachbody coach. I use the chocolate and I add 1/2 of a banana.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My question is .. what happens when this fad fades? What happens when you can no longer afford it? Bottom line .. do you intend to stick with this "supplement" or "replacement" for the rest of your life?

It's one thing for you to take a calcium supplement or vitamin pill .. however NOTHING changes getting into the habit of eating healthy. Making sound choices in your diet. And doing your exercises. You have to manually do the exercise yourself .. you can't take a pill that will do your running or crunches or strength training for you. Neither can most of those "WOW" type drinks and shakes and bars, etc.

Beautiful and colorful brochures outlining the health benefits of every fruit and vegetable this shake claims to have -- it's a snake oil scheme. I'm sorry. If you can't buy it off the shelf at GNC or health food store or grocery store - then I wouldn't bother.
  • leah0521
    Options
    I have a facebook friend/old schoolmate who is a BeachBody Coach and has contacted me SEVERAL times about trying it, sending me a free sample, etc and all the amazing results she has gotten. I believe it is her full time job as well. She ended up recruiting another classmate of ours, who is now also contacting me to tell me how wonderful it it. I went so far as to look it up online and saw how much it would cost monthly. OUCH. Not for me. So, here I am now, going the natural route, smaller portions, healthier foods and exercise, not a crazy amount, but exercise still. And FREE. But, it's up to you, some people swear by it. Good luck in whatever you decide.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've tried both chocolate and greenberry and not a fan at all. I actually drink Idealshape shakes. They are rated #1 and Shakeology is rated #3. I really like the taste of them and use unsweetened almond milk instead of water. YUMMY!!

Same- I use idealshape for breakfast and sometimes an afternoon meal and it's great. I do make good choices and it has helped me not over-eat. I can go without it, I just enjoy it and the ease of knowing my breakfast daily. There's no selling to go with it, you just buy it, drink it and go on with your day. I have heard Shakeology isn't great in the taste department but, to each their own!

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • EdensJourney
    EdensJourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let me rephrase because I did not state that fact clearly...in order to get the nutritional equivalent of a shakeology shake you would have to eat 7 plates of fruits and veggies. That should clear that up. Also, it is expensive thats why you should do your homework before investing in something that may be a little much for the budget. For myself and my family, being healthy is worth it. I wouldn't be an advocate for anything if I didnt believe in it myself. My daughter has a brain cancer diagnoses so we do iit homework and make sure she gets the healthiest options that are available to her and shakeology far exceeds our standard. Not everyone it's out for financial gain, some of us strongly believe in something and pass that along
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology for the last two years.. Chocolate is good if you mix it properly in a blender. Strawberry is great.. I don't drink them daily anymore.. I did use them to get off the last 10 lbs and get back into a bikini after having my twins. I'm a coach but I coach to get a discount. I say try samples, try a challenge if you purchase it online you have 30 day money back policy so if you buy it from online store, you have nothing to lose.

Chocolate & Strawberry use almond milk, coconut milk with ice in blender.. add fruit it you want it sweeter.