Can anyone recommend a good HRM?

I have never had a heart rate monitor and I need one ..... But I only want one that counts calories burned as well.. Can anyone recommend one, or does anyone have one that they think works well?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Nope
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Check out bodytronics.com. I have the Polar FT60 and I really like it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Tells you how many calories you burned at the end of your workout (and I think it stores them too, not sure how many). It was about $60 ordered online.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Nope

C'mon...don't you have any favorite brands and models that accurately calculate calories burned?
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    I love my Polar FT60... just got a new soft strap for it and it works for swimming as well!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Tells you how many calories you burned at the end of your workout (and I think it stores them too, not sure how many). It was about $60 ordered online.

Seconding this one, love mine! :)
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it

Ditto to this one. I never work out without it!
  • I had a Polar but recently bought a Suunto Quest and love it!
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    I got the Polar FT7 and i bought it through Amazon, or check out HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com
    They always have great deals.. this is my first HRM and i absolutely love it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Was just wondering this too! My Polar F6 just crapped out. I have to order a new chest strap(can't replace the battery in it) and the watch would have to be sent to Polar to have the battery changed in the watch. For the cost of it all, can just get another. My hubby loves his Timex, but I think it seems to generous with the calorie burn. I think I'd like another Polar, but one where the chest strap battery can be changed. Thanks for posting this question!
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Nope

Ahh go on Dav ya know ya want to.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Was just wondering this too! My Polar F6 just crapped out. I have to order a new chest strap(can't replace the battery in it) and the watch would have to be sent to Polar to have the battery changed in the watch. For the cost of it all, can just get another. My hubby loves his Timex, but I think it seems to generous with the calorie burn. I think I'd like another Polar, but one where the chest strap battery can be changed. Thanks for posting this question!

I had a Timex but it crapped out on me about 2 months after I bought it. Getting a Polar FT7 next week for my birthday!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Polar FT4 represent!
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224

Most new Polar's have replaceable batteries in both watch and strap. The straps are also much more comfortable. I have been very happy with the brand and they have a very informative site at Polarusa.com. If you have questions on a model or feature you can go under support and they have a live chat to ask.

<Peers around and wonders if he can take M3's Suunto>
  • mamie01
    mamie01 Posts: 11
    I love my Polar FT4!
  • ChrissyLpwe
    ChrissyLpwe Posts: 22 Member
    I have a very basic Polar FT4 love it counts calories and heart rate.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Like so many others would recommend, go for the Polar FT4!!! :) amazon.com

I previously had an older model and it'd give me more details about my workouts, this one only gives you basic information, however, it's enough... I'd recommend Polar, I'll never switch to another brand! :)
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    I have a Pyle and I love it!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Polar FT4 and love it