2. I can breathe in them

3. I don't have to go up a size shirt to hide a muffin top

this!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    - When your pants aren't falling off your bum or looking baggy,

or,

-When your belly isn't oozing over the edge like Cthulhu trying to escape from its watery prison to spread chaos across the universe
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    THEY WILL BE LOOSER
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    I knew it was time to buy new jeans when I could pull the old ones off without unzipping and unbuttoning them! I did buy my new ones a little bit more snug than I normally would have but not to the point where it was a struggle to get them on. I figure it I can sit down, breathe and they don't look like they're a second skin, they're good to go!
  • lucindasun
    Options
    I'm 24 lbs down and still can't fit into jeans a size smaller :(

Try Angels Jeans they are stretchy all over fit like a 2nd skin and never look baggy. Bet your a size smaller in those.
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    I had to keep pulling my jeans up because I almost got pantzed a few times! I bought a new pair with trying them on (same old navy sweethearts) but one size down.... and them buggers are still big!!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Buy regular waisted jeans, like Old Navy's Sweetheart jeans to rid yourself of the muffin top. It took me a good bit of weight before I dropped a size (I'm also pear shaped). It took me FOREVER to work up the courage to try jeans on and when I did, I was two sizes smaller!

Go try a pair on! If they fit comfy, try a size lower and then decide. You don't know until you try!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I know that I need to go down a size when I get saggy butt and a gap in the back of the waist. Plus if you can fit into the smaller size (I mean fit... not just be able to get it on because that's a different story), then get the smaller size for the mental boost.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options

or,

-When your belly isn't oozing over the edge like Cthulhu trying to escape from its watery prison to spread chaos across the universe

bahahahahahahahaha...this...hahahahaha
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

or,

:laugh: Pretty sure my belly is up to no good, I thought it was just there to harm my spine, but you know what? I think it might have chaotic aspirations!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

or,

:laugh: Pretty sure my belly is up to no good, I thought it was just there to harm my spine, but you know what? I think it might have chaotic aspirations!

Oh please don't tell me my belly is a disciple of Cthulu :tongue:

But I agree :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 lbs down and still can't fit into jeans a size smaller :(

same here.... mine aren't even a tiny bit looser yet. Obviously I'm not losing weight in the parts that hold my pants up.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If a pair of pants give me a muffin top, they are too small and I go the next size up. I've never understood why someone would purposefully buy a pair of pants that they know gives them a muffin top.

When I had gained back some of the weight I lost I begin to muffin top slightly in the jeans I had bought when I lost the weight. So I pulled out a couple of older pairs that hadn't gone to the thrift store yet. They were actually a little big on me since they jumped more than a size, but they were what I had.

Within a week of wearing the pants that didn't muffin top me, despite zero weight or inches lost, people at work started telling me how slim I looked and what was I doing to lose the weight. Same shirts/sweaters/sweatshirts, just pants that didn't muffin top me.
  • fritzjosephrod
    Options
    comfort is key.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I went from a tight size 20 to a size 16 but what I hate about jeans that sizes just vary so much. I have quite a few pants size 16 that fit but it varys on how snug they are. The ones I had on today, size 16, I was able to pull down without undoing them. However, I have a pair 18 that are just too tight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I buy my jeans snug but not uncomfortably tight. No muffin top-- I'd rather feel good about how I look in a 10 than feel awful every time I put on a pair of 8s. I'm between sizes at the moment and it sucks, but I'm mostly wearing my 10s.
  • ashleydillinger
    ashleydillinger Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have to struggle getting them buttoned. Take a few different sizes in the dressing room (ALWAYS try on before you buy jeans!) and buy the pair that fits most comfortably.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I knew it was time to buy new jeans when I could pull the old ones off without unzipping and unbuttoning them! I did buy my new ones a little bit more snug than I normally would have but not to the point where it was a struggle to get them on. I figure it I can sit down, breathe and they don't look like they're a second skin, they're good to go!
    ^this is me exactly. :)

But yeah..noooo muffin top, no camel toe, no butt crack showing and we're good! :D
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I went from a tight size 20 to a size 16 but what I hate about jeans that sizes just vary so much. I have quite a few pants size 16 that fit but it varys on how snug they are. The ones I had on today, size 16, I was able to pull down without undoing them. However, I have a pair 18 that are just too tight.
    For this reason, all of my jeans are the same brand until I get to a lower weight. Even with the same brand, they vary a little in snugness, but not as bad.
  • careyannal
    Options
    If you have to ask if your jeans fit, they probably don't. Sorry but its true!