Options
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm hoping that this will be the year that I finally take off the extra weight! Since my husband and I started dating about 4 1/2 years ago I've put on around 30 lbs. I still have the teeny jeans I used to fit into, and it's my goal to be able to wear them by my birthday in July. My short term goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of Feb. With all of the tools here I hope I can make that happen! Good luck to us all!

Replies

• MagzGraz
    Options
    welcome and good luck!!!!

I too have a wardrobe of tiny clothes and I refuse (and cant afford) any more clothes!!!! So here is to our first day!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm hoping that this will be the year that I finally take off the extra weight! Since my husband and I started dating about 4 1/2 years ago I've put on around 30 lbs. I still have the teeny jeans I used to fit into, and it's my goal to be able to wear them by my birthday in July. My short term goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of Feb. With all of the tools here I hope I can make that happen! Good luck to us all!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • MagzGraz
    Options
    wow thats a lot of info but I agree with inputting the foods in first as today is my first day and I put in my breaky lunch and dinner at the beginning of the day and then new if I got hungry in between how many calories I was allowed to snack on!!!

I also dance around the music in my house although as I have 2 young kids its usually to Hi 5 the wiggles or ghost busters hahahaaa!!!! but its fun, the kids join in and Im spending time with them!!!!

Whenever I need to lose a bit of weight I usually calorie count on my own spreedsheet and when I found this app for my iphone I was thrilled cause no matter where I am I can add up what I eat!!! I love and I have only used it for less then 24 hours!!!!
  • snowball1
    Options
    Hello, very new to the whole blog and posting for my weight and health tracking, am hoping that this will help me keep on track with all your help I am sure i wil l make good progress :)
    I have 3 boys who need my attention seems like from the time I wake up till the time they go to bed. This year I am taking some time for myself which I believe we all should do but if you are anything like me, I feel guilty for the me time.
    I work at a desk all and TRY to eat healthy and watch what I eat.
    Well I look forward to tracking and sharing my progress with all of you and look forward to reading all over your success stories and great ideas that you all have to help.
    Does this have an app for the black berry as well???

Take care ~d
  • tanBEEF
    Options
    Hey I'm new to this just starting out and seeing how it goes really, but everything looks really good.
    I also have the app on my iPhone which is VERY good as i always have it when i need it.

461528.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    I'm really enjoying it so far! Skinny jeans, here I come!
  • lynsien
    lynsien Posts: 11
    Options

Welcome again Vachegomoo!! :wink: I believe that you can do it!! Since me and my boyfriend started dating I have gained 16lbs. I have lost about 5 of those within the last month, using this site. It's really amazing to see what you actually eat when you mark down everything possible. It can really add up.
    Now that summer is coming I know I need to start now to get the 10lbs off I'd like to. My birthday is in June so I'd love to have lost as much as I can by then. Me and my boyfriend are also starting P90x next week so hopefully that'll whip me into shape. (from what i've heard... it's hell) Just what I need! Good luck ... and I look forward to seeing YOU in those skinny jeans!! :happy: