Any protein powders that taste good mixed with just water?

Options
Are there any protein powders that actually taste good mixed with just water?
flavor and brand and where to buy, please... if any of these exist.

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well, whey based protein doesn't take great with water because its derived from milk. Look for carnivore chocolate from muscle meds. Best tasting chocolate protein but based off beef. Don't get any flavor but chocolate because they taste like crap.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well, whey based protein doesn't take great with water because its derived from milk. Look for carnivore chocolate from muscle meds. Best tasting chocolate protein but based off beef. Don't get any flavor but chocolate because they taste like crap.

Also try strawberry and banana optimum protein. The key to use as minimal water as possible when you mix it into a scoop. I use a blender to make sure it mixes well.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'll second the banana, I like ON's chocolate and vanilla flavors with water. I always used a funnel to put a scoop in a poland springs bottle and I just shook them up. They mixed really well
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Are there any protein powders that actually taste good mixed with just water?
    flavor and brand and where to buy, please... if any of these exist.

Whether or not something "tastes good" is HIGHLY subjetive to the individual. You just have to try different ones to find out if you enjoy the taste. Sometimes it's a matter of aquiring a taste for something.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I really like BSN's Syntha-6 for my protein powder. I've had the chocolate milkshake, mochaccino, and vanilla, and they've all been really good.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Walmart's Body Fortress whey strawberry flavored...I drink it with just plain ole water everyday:drinker:
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Pure Protien-frosty chocolate. I only mix it with water.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion chocolate. Amazing.
  • ashipmanjones
    Options
    Plant Fusion which is a plant based protein is excellent! Comes in vanilla, chocolate raspberry and unflavored.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition gold standard vanilla ice cream and milk chocolate our double chocolate. I really don't mix with water, but I do mix it with unsweetened almond milk, which has the consistency of water. ON's products are great tasting and the cal/fat/carb/sugar content is great for what I want and taste.