Help this Mommy out!

Options
I keep watching videos and reading articles about all the sugar and sodium being consumed daily. I worry about my children and what I am feeding them. I thought I would be better with the fruits and veggies, but my kids are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 and so so picky. I get tired of putting things on their plates that end up in the trash. I know I can buy cookbooks to hide fruits and veggies in their food, but I work full time and barely have time to cook. Does anybody have any helpful tips? Or do I just need to suck it up and plan better? Does it get better after this age with them eating what I give them?

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I don't have alot to say on this, as my kiddos have never really been that picky. What I do, though, is tell them they have to eat so many bites (3-5 usually) and if they still don't wanna eat it, fine. My kids do get into a funk where they don't want to eat certain things. Usually, if I know about it, I plan meals around it. I get that way with my food, sometimes. I'm not going to hold it against them.

You can try to whole "sitting at the table until they eat" bit but that doesn't always work. Try a compromise, like the one I suggested. Also, with that, make something that you know they do like with each meal. That way, there is something that they will eat. You don't want to starve them, but they do need to learn to eat what is presented and the earlier they learn that, the better. Just don't give them seconds of the preferred item until they at least try some of the other stuff.