What have you learned about yourself...?

Options
Since making an effort to get fit, has there been anything you've come to realize that you didn't know beforehand? Fitness related or life related...

Replies

• sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I can enjoy, even revel, in the victory of resisting temptations. So good for empowerment!!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I'm strong enough to stay focused and work for what I want for myself. I'm more of the type who looks after everyone else so at first it was difficult to focus on what I needed.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That if I tell myself something long enough, I can make it happen.
    "I take excellent care of my mind,my body and my health" has been my mantra - even when I haven't --- it's amazing what the brain accepts and how what we tell ourselves we can make a reality.

Also that health is one of the most important things we can give ourselves.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've learned the valuable lesson of losing weight in a HEALTHY way. I've learned that satisfaction can come from a healthy meal, and that it does not lie in that piece of cake taunting me in the work breakroom. I've also learned how awesome some people on this site are! the support is amazing
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That if I exercise more I can eat more and still lose weight. I have learned about myself that I am more disciplined than I thought I was.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've learned that my mind is my worst enemy, and that I can talk back to it. I've learned that telling myself to shut up and keep going ACTUALLY works. I've learned that I can overcome most pain, exhaustion, depression, and fear by deciding in my mind to that it CAN and WILL be done.

I've learned that deep inside of me is a beast who can truly kick *kitten*, and can do far more than she ever thought possible.

I've learned that sometimes, just sometimes, I can help others find that beast and release it too.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really can lose weight. I can put the fork down and leave something on the plate. I am responsible for my health and well-being--no one is going to do this for me. And finally, just putting one foot in front of the other and just keep on keeping on is what I need to do to lose weight and get healthy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    About myself: I can just have 2 cookies or pieces of chocolate, a serving, and stop.

About food: cucumbers are fruit

About people: just because someone is ripped doesn't mean they know wtf they're talking about, and the people who have the information I want really don't want to share it.
  • levstein
    Options
    I have learned that I chose to make myself fat I thought I had to be fat I didn't think I could be slim and I so want to be slim fit and healthy not obese unfit and unhealthy.
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have learned that when I tell people I am on a diet with a BUDDY they do not undermine me as they are inclined to when I just say I am on a diet.
  • thorpy6
    thorpy6 Posts: 48
    Options
    i have realised that some women do actually fancy me.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I've learned that working out is actually fun. It's not JUST my working to be fit, but I can honestly say that I enjoy going to the classes. Hell, I now list 'working out' as one of the very few hobbies that I DO have.
  • 2012Stoney
    Options
    I have learned that not having my teenagers call me Fatso.... is priceless, LOL
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying this journey.Tonight I had pizza from a local place that partnered with our hospital and develope a great pie on wheat dough that was 375 calories. I have doing this for 8 weeks and am very pleased with my results
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I have learned that my mind is my biggest hurdle as in what I tell myself.... but I can change that! Sure I'm tired and had a bad day but another mile won't hurt and drowning in calorie laden sweet goodies will. I have convinced myself I dont like pop or fries or nutty bars based on how I know I will feel afterward not on how something tastes in the moment it is touching my tastebuds!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Controlling my weight is the easiest thing to control in my life now. It used to make me cry, but now it makes me feel strong! I am capable, I can have self control, I can set limits for myself, I don't have to think it is the end of the world if the scale goes up 2 pounds - I can just tighten up the program and lose the weight in a couple of days again! I am so much more confident and no longer afraid to be me!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I don't really hate exercise like I thought I did all these years. I have also learned that I was being delusional all these years thinking that I looked ok when I really didn't. And I love who I am and who I will continue to become.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That I don't NEED the amount of soda, junk and regular food that I would normally intake.... I always thought when I heard calorie estimates for losing weight and whatnot that the numbers were soooooooo low.
    Now that I'm actually paying attention to what I eat, I'm finding that the numbers are almost too high! Especially since I stopped drinking as much soda and having as much junk food. It's always a struggle to hit the 1400 calorie limit daily.
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    As far as Exercise: My limits that I thought I had, aren't actually my limits. I thought I couldn't but guess what, I can. And I push harder EVERY workout.

Food: I learned what it means to feel FULL. Not stuffed, just satisfied. And I'm still happy, losing weight, and not starving.

About Myself: I can obviously do anything I WANT to do. I've been told ALL my life that I'm not good enough, I'll never make it. But I've proved to myself that I am worth something!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I used to think I had to live on salad and tuna fish to lose weight. I eat candy, ice cream....and the occasional fast food and I still lose weight!