Pain.... please help!

Options
So a few months ago I started having some pretty severe pain in the lower right side of my abdomen (I'd say my pelvis, it's that low). Tried Advil, Ibuprofen, etc and nothing helped. Went to my OB/GYN thinking maybe some female issue and she ruled out an ovarian cyst (although she did say one could've ruptured and may have caused the pain). Pain went away after about a month and a half and stayed away for about 3-4 weeks.

Fast forward to about a week ago, it's back. Severe pain only alleviated by going to sleep. Usually occurs between 9:30-12:30 in the morning, lasts for a few hours. Went to regular doctor, said to try acid reflux medicine over the counter, no help. I've also tried Beano, and Gas-X thinking maybe this is the problem.

This is not a pulled/strained muscle, it does not hurt when I exercise or directly afterward. (Oh and this is probably TMI- but I think my bowel movements are ok, but I'm not going as much as I used to.)

I was thinking maybe lactose intolerance and the butter I have at breakfast was causing this, but sometimes I have it no matter what and other dairy products don't seem to trigger it.

If anyone has any ideas please through them at me. I'm a stay at home mom to 2 year old, can't afford to be down and out, plus this is getting in the way of my exercise as well.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    My advice: Go back to your doctor
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

This!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should go to a real doctor instead of asking strangers on the internet to give you medical advice.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I can not stress this enough!!!
    Don't ask medical advice on the internet!!!:angry:
    Get back to your Doctor.
    If that doesn't work see another Doctor!!:flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    appendix could be irritated, the psoas muscle could be very tight or irritated by the GI tract, or the ovary could be slightly scarred and might be attached to the pelvic wall. Best to go to an internest (type of MD) and get scanned.
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    GO back to DR.........
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with the go back to your doctor advice. There are a whole lot of things that can be going on in your abdomen, and abdominal pain is famous for traveling, and ending up nowhere near the organ affected -- like gall bladder troubles showing up as right shoulder pain. It could be a repeat ovarian cyst, an ectopic pregnancy, appendicitis, endometriosis, adhesions...just lots of different things, and the more information your doctor has, like it went away but then came back, the better.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes, go to the doctor.

However, it does sound like something I experienced before I got on birth control. I would get severe pain in that same spot when I would ovulate. Just a possibility you may want to discuss with your doctor.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor. Plenty of major things could be wrong with abdominal pain as a symptom. Please don't delay.(pay attention to what you're eating before the pain gets really bad so you can tell the doctor. I had that kind of pain after eating really fatty foods, and it turned out to be my gall bladder.)
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Go back to a doctor. Get a second, third, and fourth opinion, if necessary. Even if you aren't obstructed, you could have something else going on with your GI tract. A colonoscopy would be one thing I'd recommend, for sure, in case it's something serious (while colorectal cancer is more prevalent in the 50+ crowd, it is apparently on the rise in younger people). That is one that you definitely want to catch as soon as possible, if it's the case, as it's highly treatable then... and very deadly in later stages. I would also demand testing for any possible food sensitivities/Crohn's/etc. Keep pushing the doctors until you get an answer, because this definitely doesn't sound like a one-off pain that you should suppress with OTC pain meds and then just ignore.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

or get a 2nd opinion if you can. explain everything your previous doctor has said or done, and bring whatever tests you had done.